Mon 7 Feb: Ch: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/22 at 20:15

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good by Fev. Looking forward to their rematch on a fast dry pitch. If Leigh lose that one as well, alarm bells!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

This game is batty.

6 players off injured by my reckoning, 2 sin bins, a mud bath and Leon Pryce asking to bring back the biff.

Love a Monday night, me! 

When we're taking head injuries seriously, a commentator saying "bring back the biff" isn't smart.

Tough, fair play, yeah of course, but biff is shorthand for foul play.

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Very comfortable win for Fev, much the better side.  Leighs attack was pretty abysmal.

I think Kevin was right to say that tonight has been like a different sport to what most of the season will look like. Nothing neutralises attacks like a boggy heavy track

We'll see what Mcdonald and Hingano can really do when it isn't a mud bath

3 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I don’t know how much Feath make out of Wakefield AFC, but they’ve knackered the pitch. Even allowing for the weather conditions. 

It was awful for the Leeds friendly I went to see a few weeks ago

I mentioned artifical pitches in a thread this weekend.... this sort of thing convinces me all teams need them

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

And yet they scored 5 tries against a team that cost £1.2 million. 

I’m a Featherstone fan, I’m chuffed to bits with the game and the result. But imagine what we’d have done to them on a better pitch. 

24 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

It's used for rugby and football not just Rovers , at least it's ours.

Well I'm pleased for you that it's yours. Maybe you could all chip in and get some new lightbulbs, instead of having a couple of lads in each corner holding a candle. 

It’s taken me a few minutes of reassuring myself Lammy isn’t at Wigan anymore to calm down after his interview. It was like I’d travelled back in time to any interview in the last three seasons. We trained well, we planned to do X but didn’t, we’ll need to stick together and so on. I’ve never seen a coach as utterly lost for ideas on why things don’t go as he’d hoped as Lammy always is. 

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think Kevin was right to say that tonight has been like a different sport to what most of the season will look like. Nothing neutralises attacks like a boggy heavy track

We'll see what Mcdonald and Hingano can really do when it isn't a mud bath

You are right, BB, and yet...

If a boggy pitch neutralises things, how come either team could dominate in the way that Fev did?

It will indeed be good to see what McDonald, Hingano and the other Leigh players can do on warm days and dry pitches in, say, mid-June, but, for me, one of the great things about our season is that it starts early enough and finishes late enough for it not to be just about warm, dry days.  I love the climatic variation.

The good teams - the really good teams, that is - can play well in a range of conditions.

Tonight, Fev demonstrated they can play on a cold, wet night.  Good for them; now let's see them in high summer!

5 minutes ago, WeAreYork said:

Well I'm pleased for you that it's yours. Maybe you could all chip in and get some new lightbulbs, instead of having a couple of lads in each corner holding a candle. 

We are upgrading we can't all get a stadium given like York ,oh and being a city your crowds should be better then our small town 😉

Just now, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

You are right, BB, and yet...

If a boggy pitch neutralises things, how come either team could dominate in the way that Fev did?

It will indeed be good to see what McDonald, Hingano and the other Leigh players can do on warm days and dry pitches in, say, mid-June, but, for me, one of the great things about our season is that it starts early enough and finishes late enough for it not to be just about warm, dry days.  I love the climatic variation.

The good teams - the really good teams, that is - can play well in a range of conditions.

Tonight, Fev demonstrated they can play on a cold, wet night.  Good for them; now let's see them in high summer!

We will be even better.

14 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

And yet they scored 5 tries against a team that cost £1.2 million. 

Yeah but it was cold,there was muddy patches & the lights weren’t bright enough,it’s just not fair,apparently.

Archived