Mon 7 Feb: Ch: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/22 at 20:15

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I haven't read much praise about the crowd of 4562 but if it had been 2562 we would have been shot down.

I agree, 4562 is more than 2562.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

19 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I’m a Featherstone fan, I’m chuffed to bits with the game and the result. But imagine what we’d have done to them on a better pitch. 

Sure, but it's February and it hammered it down for some time before kick off. Sure the football game probably contributed but that would have been  a boggy game regardless.

53 minutes ago, WeAreYork said:

Conditions are terrible, but Leigh have been awful haven't they. I mean, they were from the bits I've seen. My night vision goggles are on charge at the moment. This ground isn't fit for a school, let alone an outfit expecting promotion to the SL. 

Oh well at least Fev own some floodlighting and some grass.....

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Sure, but it's February and it hammered it down for some time before kick off. Sure the football game probably contributed but that would have been  a boggy game regardless.

Absolutely, perhaps a couple of dry weeks will help. But with all the hammer the pitch gets, it’ll take some recovering from tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Rain makes pitches boggy regardless of where you are in the country. If you don't believe that you probably still believe in Santa clause.

There is a Santa cos iam asking him for some new floodlight's and some grass seed.

5 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Absolutely, perhaps a couple of dry weeks will help. But with all the hammer the pitch gets, it’ll take some recovering from tonight. 

It'll be like a (slightly off plumb) billiard table by April.  It's really not unusual for the pitch to look like that in the middle of February.

4 minutes ago, Tubby said:

4.5k for a Monday night televised match in this weather is nothing short of fantastic. 

It is. Some of our Leigh friends on here were quite adamant the TV coverage on a Monday night would kill crowds.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

It'll be like a (slightly off plumb) billiard table by April.  It's really not unusual for the pitch to look like that in the middle of February.

It was certainly no worse tonight than any other February game I can remember. In fact, considerably better than the first couple of years after the new stands opened. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Just now, Just Browny said:

It is. Some of our Leigh friends on here were quite adamant the TV coverage on a Monday night would kill crowds.

I think it’s fair to say there are a lot who would’ve made the trip over the hill on a Sunday who didn’t come today. But perhaps the extra marketing being done to provide a good atmosphere for the cameras is outweighing that negative. For the first couple of weeks, championship crowds seem to be much better than of late. 

2 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

I must admit the floodlight bulbs seem to have dimmed over post season 🤣 was just the corners b4 🤷‍♂️ 

Helps balance the dark spots if it's all that bit dimmer. 😉

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

21 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I haven't read much praise about the crowd of 4562 but if it had been 2562 we would have been shot down.

The crowd was amazing tonight, fancy all those people turning up to a muddy field in the dark. Imagine what will happen when the ground dries up and it’s light.

seriously though our goal line defence was great tonight despite that clowns efforts by continually giving 6 again anytime Leigh got anywhere near the line.
Well done boys

1 minute ago, Cardypaul said:

The crowd was amazing tonight, fancy all those people turning up to a muddy field in the dark. Imagine what will happen when the ground dries up and it’s light.

seriously though our goal line defence was great tonight despite that clowns efforts by continually giving 6 again anytime Leigh got anywhere near the line.
Well done boys

I always think it’s biased to blame the ref, but Leigh seemed to get away with a lot more slowing down tactics tonight. But the refs can only give what they see. There were a couple of high tackles that might’ve seen yellow on another day too. 

Archived