Mon 7 Feb: Ch: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/22 at 20:15

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

2/3 of that at the very most

Featherstone have added quality players (don't think they lost any that they wanted to keep) to a squad that only lost one league game last season, Leigh have more a less built a new team from scratch. If Fev don't get promoted this season, then they really have blown it...and yes I know it's not a 2 team league.

22 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Enjoyed Premier Sports coverage again (in challenging circumstances)

Thurs to Monday games .....amazing 

Absolutely brilliant coverage. Also realised today that the bash is on Premier. They probably said that when the deal was announced. But I am dozy. Anyway, Brilliant stuff.

13 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Featherstone have added quality players (don't think they lost any that they wanted to keep) to a squad that only lost one league game last season

I find it difficult to belive they'd have not signed up James Harrison and Frankie Halton again given the opportunity. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

18 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Featherstone have added quality players (don't think they lost any that they wanted to keep) to a squad that only lost one league game last season, Leigh have more a less built a new team from scratch. If Fev don't get promoted this season, then they really have blown it...and yes I know it's not a 2 team league.

We would have wanted to keep Harrison, Halton and Brown for sure. Let's face it , if Leigh don't get promoted after the spending spree Beaumont has undertaken ( and will no doubt continue with) then it will replace his 2018 squad as the most underachieving in financial terms in Championship history

What with Sky, Channel 4, the BBC, Premier Sports, the Sportsman and OurLeague, the times I will be able to leave the house to buy the essentials of existence are becoming increasingly scarce.

I blame the RFL!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

We would have wanted to keep Harrison, Halton and Brown for sure. Let's face it , if Leigh don't get promoted after the spending spree Beaumont has undertaken ( and will no doubt continue with) then it will replace his 2018 squad as the most underachieving in financial terms in Championship history

No, 2018 squad was better. We did go 15 games unbeaten and knocked Salford out of the Challenge Cup, but lost 5 of our first 6 games.

Fev were far superior than a poor Leigh in all areas. Leigh’s discipline was dreadful, and with the ball that was just as bad. Aaron Smith is one tough nut but blimey he suffers some knocks to the head.

If i was a Fev fan id be chuffed, if i was a Leigh fan id be really disappointed but i don’t know if they have any players to come back. Saints should loan out Hurrell. Excellent crowd and great support from Leigh, i hope the M62 wasn’t shut on the way back for them. 

3 hours ago, devonhawk said:

What is wrong with that pitch? First home game of the season and it looks worse than my local union clubs who have played since September. Union players love scrums and resetting scrums, so they always play in mud…

I don’t think Wakefield AFC are going to play much free flowing football on that pitch at the moment. It could be an advantage for them. 

2 hours ago, devonhawk said:

Thanks for coming Leyth. You came, you saw (hardly with them lights), you got quagmired. Still, you did make for an entertaining game.

If Fev asked the homeowners behind the sticks to put all their house lights on would that make it a bit lighter. 

Pleased with that. Before the game I thought it would be close, but Fev worked hard for each other in defence.

Conditions were poor, but I think they hindered Fev as much as Leigh, this Fev team like to throw the ball around, which they weren't able to do as easy tonight. 

That's now four players out injured over the last 3 weeks... hope we can get some back soon.

2 hours ago, frank said:

Poor game  in bad conditions and half light. Correct play the balls non existent. Comfortable win for Featherstone.

Ganson said he was clamping down on incorrect PTB’s. I think he said that either 2 or 3 years ago ?. 

2 hours ago, WN83 said:

It’s taken me a few minutes of reassuring myself Lammy isn’t at Wigan anymore to calm down after his interview. It was like I’d travelled back in time to any interview in the last three seasons. We trained well, we planned to do X but didn’t, we’ll need to stick together and so on. I’ve never seen a coach as utterly lost for ideas on why things don’t go as he’d hoped as Lammy always is. 

Kieron Cunningham should be called back to Leigh and then you’d have the Three Stooges. 

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

I haven't read much praise about the crowd of 4562 but if it had been 2562 we would have been shot down.

When did they put all those flagpoles up at the back of the stand. I hope they don’t restrict the spec for the homeowners ?. 
It was a really good crowd, perhaps Fev can regularly get 4,000+ gates for the rest of the season?. 

Just got back , had better visits to Fev , best team won , you can tell they're a year or two together , hopefully we can keep getting wins while we start to become a team , and then still be in with a shout of top 

Pitch did cut up bad , it looked worse at the top of the hill , but that might just be our perspective , what was wrong with the lighting , it was fine from where we were , in fact we thought they'd already had new ones installed  

Bring on the Bulls next week 

5 hours ago, Josef K said:

When did they put all those flagpoles up at the back of the stand. I hope they don’t restrict the spec for the homeowners ?. 
It was a really good crowd, perhaps Fev can regularly get 4,000+ gates for the rest of the season?. 

I don't know but it's only recent and imo they look well, i thought same about the houses behind the sticks but it wouldn't spoil any view lol but may block a bit of light but can't see it being much or probably wouldn't be able to have put them.

7 hours ago, Tubby said:

I think it’s fair to say there are a lot who would’ve made the trip over the hill on a Sunday who didn’t come today. But perhaps the extra marketing being done to provide a good atmosphere for the cameras is outweighing that negative. For the first couple of weeks, championship crowds seem to be much better than of late. 

Wait till Summer rugby starts - oh it as lol.

9 hours ago, clogdance said:

And if Leigh “blow” promotion this year they’ll be rebuilding from scratch again when Degsy throws his toys out of the pram & either discards or forces players out of the club.

Archived