Mon 7 Feb: Ch: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/22 at 20:15

9 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

I too think it will be 14 teams next year but Leigh have some hard work to do. Whitehaven and Workington seem to be currently the really poor teams and Bradford will be wanting to turn up next week. 

Leigh obviously miss Brierley deeply linking up from FB and to some extent McNally. Saying that, if they have been asked to play like that week in and week out we will be in for some right dross this year. 

I will though give the benefit of the doubt. PO Road is a tough place. I hated going there as a player. Most of the Leigh team just didn't fancy it last night and it showed in droves! 

I don't think it was a case of not fancying it , the first Fev try came of a dropped carry ( not surprising given how sticky it was becoming ) , so you tend to stick to drives and chase the errors in the opposition , once you're 3 scores down that isn't enough and you have to open up , but it seemed our players couldn't get any real purchase on the pitch , Fev seemed much more confident ( being in front scorewise helps ) on their feet , allowing faster plays 

Work to do , but again our squad looks thin , we really needed Sidlow last night , wherever Adam has played he's led the pack , but out injured , we've lost Green , that lack of numbers could scuttle us against other teams than Fev if we're not careful 

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Oh definitely not. I'll still be bloody nervous.... unless we're 50+ points up with 5 mins to go, I can't relax!!

Even last night, when they'd got one back and they were pressing on our line, they needed three converted tries in about 12 minutes, I was still nipping...

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

More than 1/3 of Fev's 17 weren't at the club last season including 2 in the key positions of half back and hooker (+ both starting centres, full back and a prop) 

Still a ' core ' , a third turnover isn't unusual 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I may be one of those you are referring to, but what I said was it would effect the number of traveling Leigh fans, any Fev fan who has attended recent encounters at POR will agree with that.

Win/win then. Bigger crowd overall, Leigh fans can watch without getting hypothermia.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

I too think it will be 14 teams next year but Leigh have some hard work to do. Whitehaven and Workington seem to be currently the really poor teams and Bradford will be wanting to turn up next week. 

Leigh obviously miss Brierley deeply linking up from FB and to some extent McNally. Saying that, if they have been asked to play like that week in and week out we will be in for some right dross this year. 

I will though give the benefit of the doubt. PO Road is a tough place. I hated going there as a player. Most of the Leigh team just didn't fancy it last night and it showed in droves! 

14 teams is my preference 

It's only round 2 ,  both sides deserve credit on that surface , as premier sports alluded to things will be different on drier pitches , watch Leigh throw it about at the LSV next week , felt mellor was the best half on show last night .

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nothing to do with the pitch Cheadle, if Fev are prepared to throw the ball about like they did in those conditions just think what they will be like on a dry track, they were streets ahead of Leigh in application and ability to keep the ball moving.

Until Leigh get a 6 & 7 who are providers/play makers and not receivers/runners we will struggle when we come up against the better defensive teams, 5 drives in nearly every set is simply not good enough.

As I said earlier in this thread, even though Leigh put 50 on the board last week it was very evident that there was something amiss, it got put down to the player's not knowing each other, that is one part of it but the main thing is we have no one who can guide the team about the field, if last night we could swop Chisholm to the Leigh team we would have witnessed a far different game.

Well well done though Fev they were a joy to watch, can they do a Hull FC of the early 80s and go undefeated in the regular season, on this showing in those conditions they have every chance of doing just that, only complacency could prevent them.

Or Leigh eventually in the season or another club don't want to disrespect any.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Whilst I'm happy with 4562 in attendance, there would have been well over 5k on a Sunday afternoon.

However,  you have to balance that with the exposure, the media kudos and the marketing telly brings to the party.

So, from me at least, 500+ more fans just about equates to everything telly brings to the championship. Any more missing fans probably isn't worth it.

I thought it was an excellent crowd considering. Yes a good proportion were the under 16s who are getting in free this season but I support this. It is an investment in the future of the club. Since Vickers stepped in we have taken a very well club to the next level. The buzz around the club and team is a joy just now. 

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

And if Leigh “blow” promotion this year they’ll be rebuilding from scratch again when Degsy throws his toys out of the pram & either discards or forces players out of the club.

Where did you guy your crystal ball from, Poundland ? 👀

Think my forecast was Fev by 16 so not overly depressed. The Fev club did a good job on us last night - had to walk all around the ground to get to our end after trying normal gates without notice prior was the start, team put in a disgraceful dressing room opposite the side I have only ever seen teams enter from(that they had to hose before using I was told?), walked out with the Fev bad boys above them throwing all sorts and not a steward in sight, completely out coached on the pitch and showed up our issues at 9/6/props, our overseas looked like they had arrived at hell.

We are desperate for Ipape to land and am grateful we dont have the mudbaths at Batley and Fax in the next weeks.

Better team won easily but it will be very different later on.

4 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Think my forecast was Fev by 16 so not overly depressed. The Fev club did a good job on us last night - had to walk all around the ground to get to our end after trying normal gates without notice prior was the start, team put in a disgraceful dressing room opposite the side I have only ever seen teams enter from(that they had to hose before using I was told?), walked out with the Fev bad boys above them throwing all sorts and not a steward in sight, completely out coached on the pitch and showed up our issues at 9/6/props, our overseas looked like they had arrived at hell.

We are desperate for Ipape to land and am grateful we dont have the mudbaths at Batley and Fax in the next weeks.

Be interesting to read some of the replies to those accusations.

12 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Perhaps you should change your username to "bitter craig"?

The away teams have been using dressing rooms on that side since COVID began. I see a lot of longing from Leigh fans to play on harder, faster pitches which apparently they'll be the only side to benefit from...somehow.

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

Hope you are right. 26 games no loop fixtures. 

Absolutely no chance of Superleague clubs sharing the loot between 14 clubs rather than 12. More likely to want 10, even though it is obvious Fev and Leigh would have higher average crowds in Superleague than Huddersfield and Salford.

Can't comment on the state of the dressing rooms in the 'Training barn' but they were used all last year as Covid protocol's dictated.

Not sure that having a 'hostile' crowd to pass really makes much difference, wasn't aware of anything being thrown nor were there any announcements, which you would have expected if reported.

10 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Perhaps you should change your username to "bitter craig"?

The away teams have been using dressing rooms on that side since COVID began. I see a lot of longing from Leigh fans to play on harder, faster pitches which apparently they'll be the only side to benefit from...somehow.

Didnt know covid protocols were still in force - if they are and that is why then so be it. I was surprised no Stewards were placed between the under 5's and the walkway though - the same braindeads who chanted Fev songs all the way through the minutes applause for the Lad who died young with cancer pre kick off.

6 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

As for walking round to the stand behind the post's, there are no turnstiles or entrances behind there as I believe it's industrial units behind that stand. 

You are correct, there where no turnstyles they had 3 blokes on the gates checking tickets via torchlight once you had dealt with the unlit rough and muddy terrain

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

👍

What is this obsession with Reynolds at half back? I thought we’d got rid of him when he went to Toulouse, only to be brought back at the start of the season. His tactical kicking is atrocious,  and he just does not have the speed to get through a gap. The only plus points are his goalkicking and tackling,the latter of which I have my doubts as he could have been sent off for the stupid late lunge last night. Perhaps Lam can be the coach to realise his faults and give Higano his chance.

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Didnt know covid protocols were still in force - if they are and that is why then so be it. I was surprised no Stewards were placed between the under 5's and the walkway though - the same braindeads who chanted Fev songs all the way through the minutes applause for the Lad who died young with cancer pre kick off.

You mean the ones singing "there's only one Adam Hall", whilst celebrating his life with a minutes applause? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

What is this obsession with Reynolds at half back? I thought we’d got rid of him when he went to Toulouse, only to be brought back at the start of the season. His tactical kicking is atrocious,  and he just does not have the speed to get through a gap. The only plus points are his goalkicking and tackling,the latter of which I have my doubts as he could have been sent off for the stupid late lunge last night. Perhaps Lam can be the coach to realise his faults and give Higano his chance.

Average in my opinion

16 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

As for walking round to the stand behind the post's, there are no turnstiles or entrances behind there as I believe it's industrial units behind that stand. 

That was what I was referring to in the Fev Stadium thread , you can see ( sort of ) what they're trying to get to , but it's all a bit ' messy ' ATM 

Archived