Mon 7 Feb: Ch: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/22 at 20:15

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

What is this obsession with Reynolds at half back? I thought we’d got rid of him when he went to Toulouse, only to be brought back at the start of the season. His tactical kicking is atrocious,  and he just does not have the speed to get through a gap. The only plus points are his goalkicking and tackling,the latter of which I have my doubts as he could have been sent off for the stupid late lunge last night. Perhaps Lam can be the coach to realise his faults and give Higano his chance.

Neither of our Half's have the ability to guide the team around, Mr Lam has made some kind of commitment to Mellor by naming him joint Captain he obviously see's something in him that I don't, actually I am waiting to see him run up his own backside with the running around in circles he makes, if he himself doesn't know where he is which way he is heading how do we expect his teammates to know. 

I don't think either can be criticized for their work ethic but if we want to get the best out of the player's we have brought in then I am afraid we need organisers who can play to their strengths, also 2 other player's who really need to convince of their worth and ability is Aekins and Smith both have been underwhelming at the best.

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Whilst I'm happy with 4562 in attendance, there would have been well over 5k on a Sunday afternoon.

However,  you have to balance that with the exposure, the media kudos and the marketing telly brings to the party.

So, from me at least, 500+ more fans just about equates to everything telly brings to the championship. Any more missing fans probably isn't worth it.

What is the basis for believing this?

I've just had a look on Rugby League Project at historic Featherstone-Leigh crowds and can see no basis for stating a 5k+ crowd would be on the cards. Although there aren't attendance figures for every game, the highest crowd at Featherstone for this fixture I can see in the last 40 years is 3600.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

I've just had a look on Rugby League Project at historic Featherstone-Leigh crowds and can see no basis for stating a 5k+ crowd would be on the cards. Although there aren't attendance figures for every game, the highest crowd at Featherstone for this fixture I can see in the last 40 years is 3600.

That on a Sunday when travelling from leigh to Yorkshire is easier, I would have expected at least another 2-300 leigh fans and perhaps a few more fev fans who can't come in the evening or on a school night.

I'm fairly confident last night's fixture would have gone over 5k on a Sunday.

It's not a scientific estimate. They are my thoughts.

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I'd suggest based on Leigh's following last night being several hundred lower than previously. Fev support I'd suggest probably wouldn't have been much different. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

49 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Didnt know covid protocols were still in force - if they are and that is why then so be it. I was surprised no Stewards were placed between the under 5's and the walkway though - the same braindeads who chanted Fev songs all the way through the minutes applause for the Lad who died young with cancer pre kick off.

I thought at the time "when they here this someone will be chelping about disrespect" etc. I didn't think it would be you.

The lads n lasses were singing Adam's name..... nowt more to see here.

9 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

In what way?

In that by now the Fev players will have long left, which might mean Leigh can finally score. 😜

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

8 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

I'd suggest based on Leigh's following last night being several hundred lower than previously. Fev support I'd suggest probably wouldn't have been much different. 

Well for one reason or another it sounds like several hundred more Fev fans showed up than ever have before for this game. I think I'd celebrate that rather than hypothesise that they would all have shown up again had it been played at some other time.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

11 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I thought at the time "when they here this someone will be chelping about disrespect" etc. I didn't think it would be you.

The lads n lasses were singing Adam's name..... nowt more to see here.

Got to say Robin , we couldn't tell what it was , just that they were singing something 

13 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Well for one reason or another it sounds like several hundred more Fev fans showed up than ever have before for this game. I think I'd celebrate that rather than hypothesise that they would all have shown up again had it been played at some other time.

The two issues are not mutually exclusive. I took a newbie last night. Quire a few others did the same and yes, I am quite giddy about that.

Doesn't stop me wondering "what if"? 

3 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

A shout out for Premier sports i think their presenters are adding to the game.Considering the time SKY have been showing games Premier beat them hands down.Terrible conditions bur Fev  showed what an exciting season supporters will have this season.I can see no relegation from SL this season  two promoted and a 14 team competition 2023.

Agree with everything apart from your no relegation comment.

The TV money is exactly the same in 2023 as 2022 and the Super League clubs are not going to vote themselves a pay cut to fund 2 extra teams.

Maybe the year after if a new TV deal offers the opportunity.

41 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Neither of our Half's have the ability to guide the team around, Mr Lam has made some kind of commitment to Mellor by naming him joint Captain he obviously see's something in him that I don't, actually I am waiting to see him run up his own backside with the running around in circles he makes, if he himself doesn't know where he is which way he is heading how do we expect his teammates to know. 

I don't think either can be criticized for their work ethic but if we want to get the best out of the player's we have brought in then I am afraid we need organisers who can play to their strengths, also 2 other player's who really need to convince of their worth and ability is Aekins and Smith both have been underwhelming at the best.

Was I watching the same match? Mellor was our best player apart from MacDonald. Not just me, listen to the commentators constantly praising him during the match.

1 hour ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

What is this obsession with Reynolds at half back? I thought we’d got rid of him when he went to Toulouse, only to be brought back at the start of the season. His tactical kicking is atrocious,  and he just does not have the speed to get through a gap. The only plus points are his goalkicking and tackling,the latter of which I have my doubts as he could have been sent off for the stupid late lunge last night. Perhaps Lam can be the coach to realise his faults and give Higano his chance.

A workmate(Leigh fan) today was fuming he was saying how Reynolds has been signed three times and he’s still as bobbins as the first time they got him. I think he’s still angry, so much so he didn’t have any breakfast or dinner, but i think he’ll eventually calm down. Id write to Claire Rayner if she was still around for a bit of advice for him. 

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

You are correct, there where no turnstyles they had 3 blokes on the gates checking tickets via torchlight once you had dealt with the unlit rough and muddy terrain

Those torchlight’s were wasted doing that when they could’ve helped with lighting up the pitch.

If everyone who had a mobile phone used their torchlight on them pointing towards the pitch, that would have been the end of all the lighting problems. 

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

No but if Channel 4 become more involved post 2024 they might wonder why markets  like York,  Newcastle and London are artifically kept out to prop up Salford and Huddersfield. I pretty sure Channel 4 would be giving the nudge. 

Not sure what you mean by "artificially kept out", when I think what you're trying to suggest is they be "artificially put in".

42 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Agree with everything apart from your no relegation comment.

The TV money is exactly the same in 2023 as 2022 and the Super League clubs are not going to vote themselves a pay cut to fund 2 extra teams.

Maybe the year after if a new TV deal offers the opportunity.

No chucking fance.

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

The reason we haven´t expanded is to prop up clubs in SL with central payments. The limit of 12 is to artifically protect SL weakest teams. If it goes to 14 , central payments drop and clubs that can grow commercially income will compete. The stadiums and infrastructure are there for Leigh, Fev, York, Newcastle and London to all be in. If Batley or someone else go up so be it but the limit of 12 is merely protectionism. 

That's has maybe, but the point is SL club's have that funding income until the next contract, do you honestly believe that they will reduce it by their own fruition?

42 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Was I watching the same match? Mellor was our best player apart from MacDonald. Not just me, listen to the commentators constantly praising him during the match.

Do you honestly believe he has or has ever had the qualities to run a game and influence the manner in which a team plays, I don't, and that is what we so desperately require to get the best out of the player's we have.

6 minutes ago, my missus said:

think fev need to invest in some floodlights they can't possibly be super league standard.

Surprised no one has mentioned it before now tbh.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Archived