Mon 7 Feb: Ch: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/22 at 20:15

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Not exactly true. A few years ago a match commissioner instructed that the pitch was narrowed 0.62m .....

But otherwise yes

Peter Fox once also had the pitch narrowed when we were playing Wigan - by a good yard each touchline - which led to much moaning by (I think) John Monie

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Desso/hybrid pitches are the way forward. York's is like a carpet, and three football clubs have played on it right through the winter.

Yes, and the pitch is covered with confusing soccer lines. You need to get that sorted, looks awful on TV.

7 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Didnt know covid protocols were still in force - if they are and that is why then so be it. I was surprised no Stewards were placed between the under 5's and the walkway though - the same braindeads who chanted Fev songs all the way through the minutes applause for the Lad who died young with cancer pre kick off.

Calling his mates honouring him brain-dead. Just wow. 

9 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Calling his mates honouring him brain-dead. Just wow. 

I think some people are too quick to judge but i feel in this instance it was an easy mistake to make from someone out of town and having read this must be sorry and feel ######, you would think so anyway.

2 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Been watching last nights game again, when they went inside the Leigh changing rooms they didn't appear too bad, just a little cramped.

Both Wakefield and I think Leeds were happy to use them previously when using the training facilities.

I was there for the Leeds game..... half the team was sprawled out from the changing room(assume because of no room)....right as supporters walk past ... didn't see any nonsense from Fev fans as they walked past 

I've just heard the latest news regards our floodlights. Yes they are going to be upgraded for the next home game..... We're going to pay the electric bills of the houses on Post Office Road overlooking the ground, if they all put their bedroom and attic lights on.

3 hours ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Okay then, if you don't know why make a comment about it? Just looking for arguments.

I didn't , although I did notice it , and thought it unusual , I hadn't heard the PA clear enough to know any details 

I'll not comment further , feel free to continue if you so wish 

6 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

So.....

The lights

The pitch

The changing rooms

The fans

The car park

The ref

Telly

Owt else??? 🤣🤣🤣

Can't wait to play on a dry pitch at the lsv.... it'll be different then you know!!!😍🤣

Oh aye.... and Brian McD is a miserable b'stard!!🤣🤣🤣🤣 I forgot about that gem.

Just as well you've got a blooming good team.

14 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Desso/hybrid pitches are the way forward. York's is like a carpet, and three football clubs have played on it right through the winter.

Don't say that Gav it will be taken as criticism of the Fev pitch, I just happened to say the advantages of stadium renting in relation to the what I expect is an expensive process in the upkeep of the playing surface, in no way was I discriminating about the pitch at POR but some of our more 'insecure' friends took it that way.

21 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't say that Gav it will be taken as criticism of the Fev pitch, I just happened to say the advantages of stadium renting in relation to the what I expect is an expensive process in the upkeep of the playing surface, in no way was I discriminating about the pitch at POR but some of our more 'insecure' friends took it that way.

😄  😄

Deary me, Harry. Do try to up your game when you're trolling.

Fev 'insecure' about clubs who are tenants in their own home playing on plastic surfaces.

Keep digging.

59 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

😄  😄

Deary me, Harry. Do try to up your game when you're trolling.

Fev 'insecure' about clubs who are tenants in their own home playing on plastic surfaces.

Keep digging.

That's really sad Mark, as I said in no way was I bring offensive in my original post, read it back and explain to me how it is trolling, then have a look at some of the comments that it generated, It beggars belief how it could have been construed as criticism.

31 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That's really sad Mark, as I said in no way was I bring offensive in my original post, read it back and explain to me how it is trolling, then have a look at some of the comments that it generated, It beggars belief how it could have been construed as criticism.

Relax. Banter/winding up/trolling. Nobody's being offensive, so no need to get on your high horse. Most comments about our pitch/floodlights have descended into the jocular by now........

Peace. 😉

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Relax. Banter/winding up/trolling. Nobody's being offensive, so no need to get on your high horse. Most comments about our pitch/floodlights have descended into the jocular by now........

Peace. 😉

The lights were upgraded on Saturday by Mark and his lad. 

The pitch will cut up in February. It happens. It will also recover very well with a groundsman's work.

Some of the comments I've read have been astonishing, but then some comments from rovers fans incl me are no different after we lose. Again, it happens

Archived