London tough times!

IM2

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Doesn't really mean that calling it calamitous isn't a fair description. 

Shutting down would have been calamitous, IMO.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, crashmon said:

Was not aware that quality of stadium alone was how you get promotion.  Why then are Wimbledon not in the championship or Premier League? Or are you saying that the Wimbledon stadium is worse than some championship stadiums.

Might be wrong but its the quality of the people on the pitch which gets you promotion, not fancy seats. And right now the quality of the people in the London squad is the worst squad EVER assembled by a London team.

So again how do you think the current London Squad is ever going to get to Super League?

Are you for real? The current squad would get into super league the same way as they did in 1996, by not being good enough to win, and then being given a golden ticket to the promised land. Then they truly proved the stupidity of that decision by finishing 2nd in 1997, then becoming perennial also rans,mostly propping up most of the others.

I look forward to the day when I can cheer Skolars on to a win over the London xxxxx ,insert as appropriate.

On 05/02/2022 at 23:02, Eddie said:

Where would they be if he hadn’t got involved though? 

If Goose Mackay wasn’t involved, we could be looking at a completely different club.

That guy must surely be the most worm appointment in the history of SL. 

If anyone wants a ticket for Sunday - happy to email one. As a member I can get one for £4 - but all my go to attendees are occupied.

Seems a shame to waste the offer if anyone is on the fence. 

On 06/02/2022 at 09:00, crashmon said:

Was not aware that quality of stadium alone was how you get promotion.  Why then are Wimbledon not in the championship or Premier League? Or are you saying that the Wimbledon stadium is worse than some championship stadiums.

Might be wrong but its the quality of the people on the pitch which gets you promotion, not fancy seats. And right now the quality of the people in the London squad is the worst squad EVER assembled by a London team.

So again how do you think the current London Squad is ever going to get to Super League?

Wow - that is brutal -worse squad ever?

Archived