Good luck to George Burgess.

It was such a shame how it worked out with us. I think he’s a lad everyone wanted to see in superleague at some point but it was actually really sad to see the shape he was in. He was physically unable to compete and that was a lad who at his best would’ve been unstoppable here. 

I really hope it works out for him. I don’t think he’ll ever be the old rampaging version of himself but hopefully he can have a solid few years in the NRL and maybe over here again. 

I wish him all the best.  The George Burgess of the 2014 NRL Grand Final was almost unstoppable and set to become one of the premier front rowers in the game... just shows how luck with injuries van really shape a career. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Its great that players who couldn't make it in Super League have somewhere to go and play and earn a living.

Good Luck George 👍 

was the surgery- rehab etc an expensive gamble? who was willing to invest in to that gamble and back him in his future? not a SL club obviously 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 10/02/2022 at 04:03, Mr Frisky said:

Its great that players who couldn't make it in Super League have somewhere to go and play and earn a living.

Good Luck George 👍 

I hope he comes good, the odds are probably not with him but I hope it works out for him.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder bigger than Uluru.

1 hour ago, Jonty58 said:

I hope he comes good, the odds are probably not with him but I hope it works out for him.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder bigger than Uluru.

You obviously don't spend much time on her lad - its a joke as some on here think that if you play in the NRL you walk on water and SL is like Sunday league standard- sorry it went over your head.....

On 09/02/2022 at 19:42, graveyard johnny said:

was the surgery- rehab etc an expensive gamble? who was willing to invest in to that gamble and back him in his future? not a SL club obviously 

I believe he paid for his operation himself,with the Dragons taking a punt on him on a $120k contract,something NRL clubs can probably risk given their large salary caps compared to Superleague.

On 12/02/2022 at 00:16, Mr Frisky said:

You obviously don't spend much time on her lad - its a joke as some on here think that if you play in the NRL you walk on water and SL is like Sunday league standard- sorry it went over your head.....

You may see from my Post count 42 that I do not post here that often.

I have watched the Forum long before I posted. you always seem to have a chip on your shoulder about the NRL?

It is no joke for someone like you, it cuts to your core.

Get on with your own League and stop worrying about anything else, whether its a local Club team or a Super League team you would be better off focusing on that than worrying about Australia and the NRL and getting worked up about it.

In the long run you are only damaging yourself with hate and spite and such.

13 minutes ago, Jonty58 said:

You may see from my Post count 42 that I do not post here that often.

I have watched the Forum long before I posted. you always seem to have a chip on your shoulder about the NRL?

It is no joke for someone like you, it cuts to your core.

Get on with your own League and stop worrying about anything else, whether its a local Club team or a Super League team you would be better off focusing on that than worrying about Australia and the NRL and getting worked up about it.

In the long run you are only damaging yourself with hate and spite and such.

What are you babbling on about?

Chill out lad, its only a forum.

However - I was a Roosters member when I used to live full time in Oz - so I love the NRL, so also have a good handle on how good SL is compared to the NRL which is the toughest comp. Never said SL is a better league marra - just maintain SL is a top comp and not a level below the NRL like some on here state.

I will be at a Championship game today in the wind and rain but will be attending a few NRL games this Summer in hopefully better conditions, when I'm over in oz for 2 or 3 or so months with work - so yes, I'll "get on with my own leagues" - cheers.

Archived