Batley v York - up the Doggies

Batley Bob

10 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Another tough game, but a game we can win I reckon, especially with the the head knocks coming back in. 

Dogs 16 Yorkies 6

weve got some headbangers too ,  wuffers 10  kneets 20 .😏

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did what we had to do uphill but really should have had at least a score off 3 brilliant Walshaw breaks but nobody backed up open side. Then downhill we didn't appear to have any urgency for the first 20 minutes then the conditions really turned against us when we realised we weren't going to roll 'em. Put it right next week, assume we don't get another week of rain on the pitch.

I would like to know, when this weekend,  we've seen sin bins and sending off for head highs, there was 1 today, Pauli Pauli, to me , personally  it was a sending off or at least 10mins. So you can nearly take somebodies head off but get 10 mins for argy bargy.  Inconsistent referees. 

But well done guys for working very hard today. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

40 minutes ago, colinb said:

I would like to know, when this weekend,  we've seen sin bins and sending off for head highs, there was 1 today, Pauli Pauli, to me , personally  it was a sending off or at least 10mins. So you can nearly take somebodies head off but get 10 mins for argy bargy.  Inconsistent referees. 

But well done guys for working very hard today. 

Tbf Colin, I was up in the top stand and I didn't think it was that bad tbh. It was a lazy arm, rather than anything malicious imho. To quote Kendall in the Leeds game, it wasn't a clenched fist job. 

I would like to see the pass from Gilmore to Morton again though, where the try was ruled out, it looked no different to the pass he put out for Campbell's try last week.

A game we could of and probably should have won. Just too many handling errors.

19 minutes ago, BatleyFanAndy said:

This is why we lost. Can't win with so many dropped balls.

Can't fault the effort though, on another day one of those passes would have stuck or the support would have been on point for one of the Walshaw breaks in the first half and we'd be 3 wins from 3.

It was always going to be tough in those conditions for a footballing team like us. 

8 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Can't fault the effort though, on another day one of those passes would have stuck or the support would have been on point for one of the Walshaw breaks in the first half and we'd be 3 from 3.

It was always going to be tough in those conditions for a footballing team like us. 

Oh I agree. We look to be a firmer track kind of team at the minute. For a lot of the game we looked most into it, beating York up the middles in tough conditions but the ball wasn't sticking at the key moments.

SIGNATURE

It just wasn't our day! They certainly aren't any better than us, just too many mistakes and a ref who didn't see it our way 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

It just wasn't our day! They certainly aren't any better than us, just too many mistakes and a ref who didn't see it our way 😉

I thought York were the better side overall, less mistakes, more field position and more points scored generally shows that. Neither team had chance to create much and that probably suited us being a halfback down. Think Mr Pauli was lucky to stay on considering the amount of cards shown lately but if it was more a lazy arm then a penalty probably was sufficient, although I’d have been fuming had it been the other way round and that player then produced a pass to help win the game for you.

Horrible conditions to play Rugby in but both teams put 100% effort in, nice to finally leave Mount Pleasant in a good mood.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

I thought York were the better side overall, less mistakes, more field position and more points scored generally shows that. Neither team had chance to create much and that probably suited us being a halfback down. Think Mr Pauli was lucky to stay on considering the amount of cards shown lately but if it was more a lazy arm then a penalty probably was sufficient, although I’d have been fuming had it been the other way round and that player then produced a pass to help win the game for you.

Horrible conditions to play Rugby in but both teams put 100% effort in, nice to finally leave Mount Pleasant in a good mood.

That’s where why I wasn’t happy about Pauli nor  Oakes staying on the field after both committed sending offences…. 

waste of time asking the rfl for clarification and constantly in the decision as Oakes ran 20/25 yards to be involved… 

anyway we didn’t have the best afternoons but we’ll get back as a team with manning and JC in there I’d say today was our strongest team so far… let’s go again next week 

Did Ross Oakes get a bus from Dewsbury to run onto the Batley pitch or was his sending off offence committed in the Rams v Eagles game?

Great effort from both teams in terrible conditions.

p.s. KTF has now edited but originally had Ross Oakes as a York player!  It’s actually Will Oakes at the Knights.

You’re welcome Dogstew!

5 hours ago, toffeedog said:

We got dragged into.one out rugby and.pushed the pass too many times. We didn't try turning them round enough . To be honest york we're very organised and Ellis was for me the difference great kicking game which we didn't have today

We did turn york around but we can’t just them the ball all the time… imagine if we did we’d do more defending than attacking 

the difference today was not taking 2 chances in the first half we over ran the player 

I cannot comment on the refs decisions as clearly I'm biased.  Had one of the trys been awarded during that dominant spell towards the end of the first half then I do think that we would have gone on to win.  At the end of the second half York looked to have more in the tank and found a way over our line and good luck to them.  Either side could have won the game.  Neither side deserved to lose. Congratulations to the winners.

I liked the quiet way that the game was refereed, no prima donna stuff.  If he got the Walshaw disallowed try wrong then it's a shame but he can only give what he sees.  

The pass WAS forward, not even the hope of arguing that the first trajectory was backwards! I would also doubt a 1300 crowd be surprised if it was over 1000. You can get one touchdown wrong in those conditions but to disallow Gledhill's effort was a glaring error. It could have affected the entire rest of that half as the game would not have progressed in the same way afterwards.

Archived