Batley v York - up the Doggies

Batley Bob

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I take it that you are happy that your club consistently fails to issue attendance figures. This practice seems to have gone back for many seasons.

what difference does it make? 

are we to expect a visit from the attendance police to investigate the matter?

Are you one of those fans who looks for the result of the teams they really hate before the team they actually support to revel in the misfortunes of aforesaid team? 

strange.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, il cattivo said:

what difference does it make? 

are we to expect a visit from the attendance police to investigate the matter?

Are you one of those fans who looks for the result of the teams they really hate before the team they actually support to revel in the misfortunes of aforesaid team? 

strange.

Well, I would be embarrassed if my club was unprofessional enough to be unable to count the people entering the ground for matches but, no doubt, it falls into the "health and safety gone mad" bracket in your neck of the woods.

Hey ho!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

53 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well, I would be embarrassed if my club was unprofessional enough to be unable to count the people entering the ground for matches but, no doubt, it falls into the "health and safety gone mad" bracket in your neck of the woods.

Hey ho!

Maybe they do count folk in & the reporter hasn’t bothered coming to the office to ask… 

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Hey ho!

Plenty of assumptions there. 

I would be embarrassed if my club's coach couldn't be found for a post match interview with local media after a bit of a thumping, but hey ho. 

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Hey ho!

We've been the dominant side in they Heavy Woollen district for 21 years both on and off the pitch, but we should be embarrassed about about how often our attendances are announced? 

oooooo...BSJ...good job you didn't say Jehovah! 😀

blasphemy!!

stone him!!!

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Hey ho!

🤭 just 🤭

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Nice deflection DD.

I take it that you are happy that your club consistently fails to issue attendance figures. This practice seems to have gone back for many seasons.

Tbh it doesn't bother me at all. All I'm interested in is we play well, we try, and we keep the Club on the right path eg, as per the last 15yrs approx, improvements all round on and off the pitch. And more importantly we are all pushing in the same direction!!!!

So the fact attendances are not published, to me, is irrelevant.  

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

The pleasure i get out of the lack of published attendances...🥱 is

it dont half wind that lot up over the valley...😝

long may it continue...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

2 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Pauli Pauli - Banned for 3 matches 

seems mr Mikaulaskas didn’t have any bottle to sit him down for either incident maybe he thought he’d a gig refereeing the super league  

And who made the pass for the killer try.....hey ho.....what goes round n all that. Once again other teams will get the benefit of a weak decision but not the wronged team...hey ho again. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, coolie said:

There's a "T" in that sentence that shouldn't be there... You decide 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why would it make me a Hen?, you calling me chicken... 🐣 put em up,  put em up I say...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

4 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Pauli Pauli - Banned for 3 matches 

If York had any scruples, they'd take a player off after 60 mins on the reverse fixture! 🙄

Give over all fair in love and war.

Why wasn't he walked after the second one as it was only a couple of mins apart and reading the Disciplinary tribunals records it seems one was as bad as the other.

Seeing all the York- based headlines on our site I think they're a bit up their own. Bigging up the Double Pauli, who got dumped on his backside more than he expected, probably pulled off a couple of naughty tackles which in his old SL world would have seen him up in front of the beak this last week and yeah, great, he got a pass out. Couldn't see anything positive in the '5 things we've learned'....

In case anyone missed it on another topic our attendance v York was 971.

I often get asked for the attendance by a journalist  when i often have not been in our office where the counter is so have no idea and unbelievably this is not one of my priorities.

At the York game i was asked once and I didn’t know.

If I don’t forget and have nothing else to do i will make it my new year’s resolution to check the attendance and get John to announce it during the game then journalists don’t have to ask to find out.

27 minutes ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

In case anyone missed it on another topic our attendance v York was 971.

I often get asked for the attendance by a journalist  when i often have not been in our office where the counter is so have no idea and unbelievably this is not one of my priorities.

At the York game i was asked once and I didn’t know.

If I don’t forget and have nothing else to do i will make it my new year’s resolution to check the attendance and get John to announce it during the game then journalists don’t have to ask to find out.

971 ? That's poor for a game like that. Batley definitely deserve better support then that.

Archived