Match thread: Championship Rd3. Workington v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 13th February 2022.

marklaspalmas

Bring it on.

Next up, the first of our three hikes up to Cumbria.

Workington have started badly, which means they'll be out to prove a point on their own patch come Sunday.

Big Mac has now explicitly stated he'll be rotating the squad all season, so maybe more new faces will be seen.

Huge blow to see Hardcase and Joey join Koppy & JSL on the injured list. Very unlucky. But that's what the squad's for.

Most people will predict a big Fev win, but who knows what the conditions will be like. No easy matches.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

You ain’t missed owt! Not been for a few years but it was a hit hole 

Yes Derwent Park is showing her age but it is far from a hole. This was the ground that staged Scotland's world cup games in 2013 and the atmosphere was fantastic. 

11 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Those who live in glass houses ,, nuff said .😉

Mate.... I live in rovrum.... its a sheeite hole. Just cos I live in a sheeite hole doesn't negate anywhere else from being one.

That said, I've never been to derwent park and I haven't been to Workington since I went in 1975. I will reserve judgement on the place til I go once more.

11 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Mate.... I live in rovrum.... its a sheeite hole. Just cos I live in a sheeite hole doesn't negate anywhere else from being one.

That said, I've never been to derwent park and I haven't been to Workington since I went in 1975. I will reserve judgement on the place til I go once more.

I have been sunshine , a lot more recently than you and do hope you enjoy a decent r l ground when you visit .😀😀😀

I wouldn't knock the place.  Theres something distinctive about those coastal towns where you wouldn't like to go for a holiday.  Its certainly a long way but worth it for the scenery in the Lakes alone.   Am I right in thinking that you can see Scotland from there ?

I have'nt been since about 1969/70.All I remember is a long terrace down one side with a stand and a bar underneath.

Our group had an argument with a group of Town fans in the first half.Had a pint together at half time,argued again in the second half and ended up having a night out in worky with them.

Friendliest people I came across watching Batley in a lot of away games in that era.

3 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Has there been any injury news from Monday yet?

Only JOEY he says hamstring was a bit tight and I did not want to make it worse, so the physio advised me to come it was only a precaution

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Too much to drink ?

Not enough to drink surely, if he can cross his legs until the weekend. 😉

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived