Another of the great French Championship tries - 1976

On 09/02/2022 at 04:16, RL Sonja said:

First try on the highlights at 0:35. Eric Waligunda dives in. 

https://www.ina.fr/ina-eclaire-actu/video/cab7600492401/finale-jeu-a-xiii-carcassonnelezignan

I see that the field was marked in metres rather than yards, so much for the false idea some forum members have that the official field length was only 100 yards rather than 110 yards back in the day.  Love the deep goal areas too!

On 10/02/2022 at 11:40, Big Picture said:

I see that the field was marked in metres rather than yards, so much for the false idea some forum members have that the official field length was only 100 yards rather than 110 yards back in the day.  Love the deep goal areas too!

Deep goals areas 6 yards to 11 yards

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 09/02/2022 at 17:56, EggFace said:

I wonder why lots of empty seats for fill when you see the 1972 final it looks full from what the camera shows ?

Different grounds looking at it with 1976 one looking much larger. Assuming 1972 ground was Carcassonne home ground but can't identify 1976.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

On 21/02/2022 at 02:46, BJW said:

Different grounds looking at it with 1976 one looking much larger. Assuming 1972 ground was Carcassonne home ground but can't identify 1976.

No it is the same ground. In Toulouse. Championship Final was held there every year in this period, except the Albi match 1977.

"There has never been a Challenge Cup semifinal of 65,000 either individually or combined" - Damien

14 hours ago, RL Sonja said:

No it is the same ground. In Toulouse. Championship Final was held there every year in this period, except the Albi match 1977.

Fair enough. Which ground in Toulouse as doesn't look like Minimes?

14 hours ago, RL Sonja said:

Municipal. Wiki says Chapou but that’s wrong. 

Thanks

Archived