1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Catalans Dragons

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Oh god, I was quite confident this year now you’ve gone and ruined it

But you must have known, even months ago, that he would post precisely that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

He's just pre-empting the disciplinary, I knew the "I didn't see it clearly" was coming before it did. Standard coaching fare!

Yeah I don’t blame him. The disciplinary won’t need any help but I am not a fan of the commentary commenting on likely bans during the actual game. Doesn’t feel right. Happy for a coach to balance that out.

I said pre game I want to see a couple of months of Catalans to help ease my concerns that last year could be a one off. They tried to go toe to toe with Saints tonight but couldn’t keep their intensity and discipline up and their errors down, which is everything (plus plenty) Saints did in spades. 

I don’t think Catalans will have the pace to get over this Saints side in a big game (not that I’m convinced they’ll make any) Tomkins has lost much of his, Pearce has none, McIlorum the same, Drinkwater doesn’t and even a guy like Tom Davies isn’t as quick as he was. They don’t have the guys to play any other way then trying to slug it out with Saints and nobody will beat them at that IMO. 

4 minutes ago, WN83 said:

I said pre game I want to see a couple of months of Catalans to help ease my concerns that last year could be a one off. They tried to go toe to toe with Saints tonight but couldn’t keep their intensity and discipline up and their errors down, which is everything (plus plenty) Saints did in spades. 

I don’t think Catalans will have the pace to get over this Saints side in a big game (not that I’m convinced they’ll make any) Tomkins has lost much of his, Pearce has none, McIlorum the same, Drinkwater doesn’t and even a guy like Tom Davies isn’t as quick as he was. They don’t have the guys to play any other way then trying to slug it out with Saints and nobody will beat them at that IMO. 

Some valid points perhaps but Tom Davies ??? The guy is 25 years old and just had the season of his life.

Archived