1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Salford Red Devils

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Salford are looking good

I still expect they will be nearer the bottom than the top this year, but their squad really isn't as bad as some have made out. They've done some smart business imo.

There's a few Hull FC fans on this forum who may have stock of "Radford Out!" T-shirts for sale, if anyone's interested.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

I'll take that ! Didn't expect a win as I thought it would take the new players time to bed in.

Yeah same here. Sort of anticipated anything with SRD, but that will do. It's obvious what the strengths/challenges are in the team and it goes without saying the foot of Marc E Sneyd will be totally wired to the Reds success this season. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Not bad for the worst pack in Super League. 

Sneyd was phenomenal but we looked to have strike all over the pitch. Cas just could not handle our left edge. 

Sneyd has his limitations for sure but he will win you plenty of games. He's excellent at managing a game when you have a lead. If your pack can consistently put their hands up for eachother and be more than the sum of their parts you could have a good year because there are undoubtedly some good strike weapons in your side.

Won't be long until the Radford out calls start for Cas I reckon. I think a few fans forgot just what a good coach Powell was. Radford is an inferior coach who will play with a less entertaining style and I think fans will get fed up fairly quickly.

8 minutes ago, MZH said:

Sneyd has his limitations for sure but he will win you plenty of games. He's excellent at managing a game when you have a lead. If your pack can consistently put their hands up for eachother and be more than the sum of their parts you could have a good year because there are undoubtedly some good strike weapons in your side.

Won't be long until the Radford out calls start for Cas I reckon. I think a few fans forgot just what a good coach Powell was. Radford is an inferior coach who will play with a less entertaining style and I think fans will get fed up fairly quickly.

He must also have coached 50% of the heaviest defeats in the club's history.

5 minutes ago, MZH said:

That's one thing with Cas teams, in general they have always played attractive Rugby. A coach who plays in a dour way, with a far from convincing record may not get much slack if they lose a few.

On 10/02/2022 at 16:43, Snowys Backside said:

Salford by 6

Not a big fan of quoting myself, but what a Bell Sir Kev is.

Salford under Rowley will play an exciting brand, and they will lose a few for sure, but if you lose possession, you will get punished !

Nice little double tonight, both off scratch, and never in doubt. Well played Wigan (who looked patient and clinical) and well done Salford who will play in many a high scoring encounter this season.

Kerching !!

Archived