Batley on Sunday

andyacko

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always tough over there. We will have to be at our best to get anything out of this. I’ll go for a draw 20-20. Can’t remember the last time I saw us win over there. Seem to remember on a baking hot day in the late 90s us winning with John Strange and Matty Lambert having stormers. That apart it’s been poor pickings. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Doggies will have their usual strong pack. James Brown and Gledhill are always a handful and Tom Gilmore has to be one of the most under-rated halves around.

Wonder if we'll pepper Den with the high ball?

Think if we can get plenty of cohesion in the backs from a decent forward effort we should give them plenty of problems defensively. Think young Logan might be a potential MOM against his last club.

38 minutes ago, Roger York said:

I remember years ago I think we won when Basil Ake scored under the posts near the end I may be wrong but more often than not we get beat there. Great ground hoping to go this weekend just hope it’s warmer than last week.

I remember winning in the 70,s.  One of their forwards got sent off  , then   trying   to entice Dave dunkerley into the fracas , Dave was having none of it 😀😀😀

1 minute ago, Nige Arro said:

Where's Ogden and lurpak, the latter wouldn't be caught running downhill! Good to see biscuit O Hagan managed 1 game. 

Can't see us winning Sunday.

That’s the spirit!

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

14 minutes ago, Nige Arro said:

Where's Ogden and lurpak, the latter wouldn't be caught running downhill! Good to see biscuit O Hagan managed 1 game. 

Can't see us winning Sunday.

Why can't you see you winning. With the squad you have available,  and being one of the favourites to win the league I thought you might be a little more confident. 

On 10/02/2022 at 15:48, andyacko said:

Doggies will have their usual strong pack. James Brown and Gledhill are always a handful and Tom Gilmore has to be one of the most under-rated halves around.

Wonder if we'll pepper Den with the high ball?

Think if we can get plenty of cohesion in the backs from a decent forward effort we should give them plenty of problems defensively. Think young Logan might be a potential MOM against his last club.

Young Logan left us to go to hull then went to Leigh , so we wasn’t his last club

IMG_0583.JPG

Looking forward to this and should be a tough game for both sides. Just a score or two in it I reckon. Plenty of covered seating and cheesy chips so get yoursens down

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived