Batley on Sunday

andyacko

Going to need a massive second half defensive effort. Batley are so well drilled at playing the pitch and conditions. Decent first 40 from us but this is going to go to the wire. One score in it either way. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn’t pretty but what a superb team performance. Not many will come away with two points from Batley. Immense defensive stint at times. Great day out in the rain but boy was it worth it. Well done to James and all the back room staff but most of all to all 17 player who were magnificent. One of the best knights wins in many many years. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Unbelievable win. I am seeing signs of the Knights of 3 seasons ago, which was based on never say die attitude and amazing defence. Brett Delaney seems to be working his magic. Only one try and one goal conceded in the last two games. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

14 minutes ago, Nige Arro said:

Really pleased my reverse psychology worked 😉 great effort today, nearly as many York fans as there was Batley! MOM was Perry Whiteley for me

Was probably the MOM for York n all. Still got hands like cows teats. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Clarence Street said:

Many many thanks to Fordy and the boys for today. Absolutely superb!! What a fantastic team performance!! Couldn't make it today but Andy Acko and Jimmy Elston with David Ward in the studio deserve a mention too for their excellent coverage.

We never made it either John, agree with all your comments, well said. Acko tries his best to give an unbiased commentary but when Oaksey went over for that late try Andys scream nearly broke our radio! 

Terrific win, its a long time since I've seen a game played in a mudbath like that. It was almost impossible to tell who was playing for who at the end. Having said that the players of both sides deserve great credit for the excitement they served up.

The Knights defence was truly awesome this afternoon, and they probably just about deserved the win.

4 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

It was almost impossible to tell who was playing for who 

Summed up by the fact the line was open and we passed it to your player lol

Game hinged on your 40/20 first half and the fact we couldn't hold your guy up and Pauli Pauli's sublime pass out the back. We had a forward pass score and a roll over try held-up not given and I was surprised your guy didn't get 10 mins for the high shot on Hooley. Other than that no complains 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

brilliant stuff, a hard working grafting performance that each and every lad in a muddy york shirt can be well proud of tonight. everyone really put a shift in on a sodden pitch thanks to the awful weather, we used brains and brawn. i thought harrison and brown had brilliant matches. and Fordys quote "thats how teams are born" is spot on

38 minutes ago, Peter G. said:

We never made it either John, agree with all your comments, well said. Acko tries his best to give an unbiased commentary but when Oaksey went over for that late try Andys scream nearly broke our radio! 

Sorry. Poor old lad in front of me nearly jumped out his skin!

I didnt think we could win up that hill with a 6-0 lead at the break. 

What commitment, what determination to come home with the win.

How anyone can pick an MOM I dont know. Harrison, Brown, Oaksey, Ellis, Michael, Jubby, Sammy Davis, Ronan and the back row three, Clarky, Kirmo and Tommo could all have won it and the rest were right on their heels.

What a pass from PP to get Oaksey in! And the reaction of the lads - everyone ran and hugged him.

The smile on Jamie Ellis' face at the hooter said it all.

Love the club I support (Oops, sorry I'm impartial!)😉

25 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Summed up by the fact the line was open and we passed it to your player lol

Game hinged on your 40/20 first half and the fact we couldn't hold your guy up and Pauli Pauli's sublime pass out the back. We had a forward pass score and a roll over try held-up not given and I was surprised your guy didn't get 10 mins for the high shot on Hooley. Other than that no complains 😉

So you passed forward. Didn’t touch down and passed to one of our players. Beyond that you’ve no complaints 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

I don’t know how long it has been since we won at Mount Pleasant but it was long overdue. Batley seemed to have the edge at the half way mark, holding us to a narrow 6 point deficit, knowing they would be running down the hill (at us) after the break.
On top of that, only two weeks ago, Batley had overturned a 6-16 halftime deficit against Halifax playing down the slope in the second half to run out winners by 30-18. 
But superb defence and a well worked try by Will Oakes thanks to a bit of Pauli magic proved to be the difference. 
Well done to Fordy and the lads. This was one hell of a win. 

Archived