Newcastle at Home

HP Beans

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

Full time yet their first home game drew a crowd of 638, this after winning their opening match away to Town.

How can a club operate full time on such attendances?

Do they have a very wealthy backer or are they tied into the RU club?

4 hours ago, HP Beans said:

Do they have a very wealthy backer or are they tied into the RU club?

You're right on both count HP  millionaire  property developer who is chairman/owner of both clubs

Got to be honest no way that pitch was fit to play on, yes Barrow won & gained 2 points but come on not a chance did anyone enjoy that it was a farce

That pitch won't be fit for months it's tip

Well done both teams they deserve massive credit  

How anyone didn't get seriously injured today was a blessing 

2 away games so decent rest you would hope or will the club make them train on it????

Surely it now has to be given at least 4 weeks rest 

Plastic pitch anyone or new surface at least, got to be worth doing espeacialy all this super league hopes 

Anyways well done Cresta & all the team now for Bradford..

25 minutes ago, Pablo Escobar said:

Got to be honest no way that pitch was fit to play on, yes Barrow won & gained 2 points but come on not a chance did anyone enjoy that it was a farce

That pitch won't be fit for months it's tip

Well done both teams they deserve massive credit  

How anyone didn't get seriously injured today was a blessing 

2 away games so decent rest you would hope or will the club make them train on it????

Surely it now has to be given at least 4 weeks rest 

Plastic pitch anyone or new surface at least, got to be worth doing espeacialy all this super league hopes 

Anyways well done Cresta & all the team now for Bradford..

No one enjoyed it haha. I absolutely loved it.  Good old fashioned rugby league.  Same conditions for both teams and Barrow never looked like losind. Re pitch, desperately need a training pitch with Academy, 2 ladies teams and men's team training and playing on one pitch.  So happy for men's and ladies team wins this week 😁🏉

17 hours ago, BarraFan said:

Great game in tough conditions, why don’t they announce the interchanges?

17 hours ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

No one enjoyed it haha. I absolutely loved it.  Good old fashioned rugby league.  Same conditions for both teams and Barrow never looked like losind. Re pitch, desperately need a training pitch with Academy, 2 ladies teams and men's team training and playing on one pitch.  So happy for men's and ladies team wins this week 😁🏉

Surely the council could help both the Rugby & Soccer by building a great facility that they can also let out to all local amateur sports clubs in the area to train on but give both Pro clubs full access & cement in the days times required for a peppercorn rent per season & the pitches rent to the public who bring in decent revenue for the Council as it would be heavily used.

4 minutes ago, red square said:

In theory a great idea but just ask the clubs who have sold their grounds whether they wish they could turn the clock back. If the local authority own the ground you can get nowhere without a serious financial backer - see Leigh for example.

If that’s in response to me, Read my post again….Training Facilitates…..only.

2 hours ago, red square said:

I did misread  your post. Again though in theory a nice idea but in reality a non-starter if you look at how the local authority have handled sports pitches, the leisure centre, Park Vale running track  etc.

Granted they had a bad track record re Park Vale, Pun intended 😂

But surely it’s a no brainer for the council as I hear all the time from various amateur footy clubs bemoaning the lack of all weather pitches. 
The demand is clearly there, & it would pay for itself while being an asset to the area.

Archived