Sun 13th Feb: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Great win for Dewsbury despite being down to 12 men for 30 mins. Not sure any other referee would have seen that as a red card, it was probably a yellow card. But Rams ground it out with some relentless defence.

Gutsy wins like this a crucial for Dewsbury. Didn't know about the 12 men, makes it even better!

13 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Anyone have Widnes in the mix this year? Strong start and great to see them bouncing back!

We're not everybody's cup of tea but even if it's only for the support numbers a strong Widnes is good for this comp.  Decent turn outs at London and Fax today, just need to keep performing.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

29 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Anyone have Widnes in the mix this year? Strong start and great to see them bouncing back!

I didn't tbh. But when I was looking through everyone's squad list in pre season I was thinking, I know/heard of most of the Widnes players. Which must mean something good.

40 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I was quietly confident of a play off place. I think we flew under the radar having retained and signed well. We won't stay top but I'm not especially surprised we've won the opening 3. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

3 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

So far this season we've won on grass, plastic and whatever that was today.  Great effort by all today but agree with your opinion on Doro.

It wasn't the best was it? I think Widnes just about deserved it just because their kicking game was far superior to ours. Bring on some dryer grounds because watching that is not great entertainment.

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

It wasn't the best was it? I think Widnes just about deserved it just because their kicking game was far superior to ours. Bring on some dryer grounds because watching that is not great entertainment.

It was a slog mate, and we ain't won one of them in Yorkshire for a long time.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

18 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Is Walmsley injured? Noticed he hasn't played last couple games??

10 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Jouffret not picked last week and an unused sub today. 

You sure? Jouffret was on the pitch in the first half yesterday I thought. (Although it did get tricky recognising people in the mud).

10 hours ago, Scubby said:

Wow this season is going to be a stonker! Could be 6/7 clubs fighting to stay clear at the bottom. 

Top 3/4 may not be cut and dried either! Great comp.

Top 1/2 might not go exactly how people expect either. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

25 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

What was the reasoning mate? 

Something along the lines of the conditions were not right for him and our hooker on the field was coping just fine. Bearing in mind that with about 10 minutes to go our hooker took a tap after a penalty and fired a pass about a foot over our props head which was knocked on and really can only be put down to fatigue. He knew the conditions beforehand so in my opinion it was daft to have forwards sat in the stand when an extra body could have been of use.

2 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Workington v Featherstone

2 teams aging in the same colours (Blue, White & Mud).

By the end, it was extremely difficult to tell who was who.

A bit amateurish, and very tinpot. 

Believe me it was very easy to tell the difference between the teams … and I’m not sure what they can do about getting covered in mud 

3 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Workington v Featherstone

2 teams aging in the same colours (Blue, White & Mud).

By the end, it was extremely difficult to tell who was who.

A bit amateurish, and very tinpot. 

What did you expect,  a car wash in the middle of the pitch so they can run through and get clean.

Archived