Sun 13th Feb: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Town gave as good as they got and will be OK if they can keep giving them performances.

Fevs kicking game in the first half was outstanding, played the conditions really well. I think we shocked you a bit in the 2nd half, especially with the kick for the try  in fact I think that shocked us too 😀.

Good number of travelling fans too.

FT, 14-6 Great start for promoted Barrow, Commentary team guessed the Attendance around 1700/1800 Which is great weather & not many away fans there.

The better weather & the big away followers still to come will mean we could end up averaging 2500ish.

Joint top 😳😍

Just now, mickmike wilson said:

FT, 14-6 Great start for promoted Barrow, Commentary team guessed the Attendance around 1700/1800 Which is great weather & not many away fans there.

The better weather & the big away followers still to come will mean we could end up averaging 2500ish.

Joint top 😳😍

#destinationSL

46 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Imagine moving there to a brand new stadium, with a big catchment area and space for hospitality to pay for the absolute worst product possible?

It beggars belief. They might as well have stayed put if they were going part time.

Someone one day will run a club down there with some competence!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

22 minutes ago, JonM said:

Halifax 8 Widnes 9 FT.

First win for Widnes in a regular season game at Halifax since 2006 I think. Eribe Doro was outstanding for Widnes today.

So far this season we've won on grass, plastic and whatever that was today.  Great effort by all today but agree with your opinion on Doro.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

33 minutes ago, dkw said:

Fevs kicking game in the first half was outstanding, played the conditions really well. I think we shocked you a bit in the 2nd half, especially with the kick for the try  in fact I think that shocked us too 😀.

Good number of travelling fans too.

Friendly Town fans in main stand where we sat and had some good conversations.

17 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah a vital win,not sure why Haven have performed so poorly so far this season but hoping this will kickstart our season.

Thunder v Haven a big game next week. Winner has 4 points from 4. Comfortable mid table or down near the bottom.

Thunder have Leigh, Dewsbury, Widnes, York, Sheffield and Fax after that. 4 of them away. So. Badly need 2 points Sunday.

Great win for Barrow. Felt thunder played in moments whilst we grinded it out. 20 points conceded in 3 games is a great sign. 

Relegation clearly not a threat for Barrow but interesting to see how far we can go. 

Think most impressive part of today is that 9/17 today started their rugby at local amateur clubs and still beat a full time team. Don't think many clubs would boast that record. 

Archived