Sat 12th Feb: SL: Toulouse Olympique v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (SKY)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/22 at 20:30

22 minutes ago, oiseau said:

Very much under 30, he’s 23 and a powerful six footer.Signed from St Gaudens and promoted to the first team from the French Elite.

Let's hope these French kids get a chance and prove the naysayers wrong

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Let's hope these French kids get a chance and prove the naysayers wrong

They have 10 Frenchmen in the match day squad, but like every side they need to pick the best possible side they can regardless of nationality. The best thing for the French game in the long term is for Toulouse to stay in Super League, not to play a full French team every week for 1 year and get relegated. 

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They have 10 Frenchmen in the match day squad, but like every side they need to pick the best possible side they can regardless of nationality. The best thing for the French game in the long term is for Toulouse to stay in Super League, not to play a full French team every week for 1 year and get relegated. 

Castleford to win easy,  Salford are just cack, blah blah .............................

Oh, wait a minute !!!

On a serious note, Toulouse to give it their all, but just not good enough. Far too many Championship rated players in the squad.

On paper, it looks like a clear Huddersfield win, though I hope Toulouse can pull off the ambush.

Looks like it will be a decent sized home crowd, based upon ticket sales, and with it being only round one, Giants won't be at their best.

Looking forward to watching it though, if TO does pull off an upset, it would take a lot of pressure off them.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

24 minutes ago, Hello said:

This team absolutely walked the championship with ease, unlike others in recent times. Interesting to see how they get on in SL - underestimated I think despite the cruel loss of key players

Toronto walked the championship the year they came up and were terrible in SL.

Its going to be very tough for Toulouse to stay up.

15 minutes ago, AB90 said:

Very True.

To be honest, SL is a different beast. Conditioning, fitness, speed, skill. All are a complete different level in comparison to the Championship week in and week out.

Toulouse I feel will win a few, but not enough to stay up. Round 1 will be one of their better opportunities.

3 hours ago, AB90 said:

Who knows how they’d of got on with a full season in Super League, the few games they did play their opposition included Saints, Leeds, Warrington and Wigan, an incredibly tough start to the season. They came up 8 points short against Salford and 10 points short against Warrington. They obviously didn’t have a great start but would have picked up wins as the season went on.

5 hours ago, AB90 said:

Yes I thought that after I'd posted. I always thought though that having no home games for such a long stretch from the beginning was a massive disadvantage for Toronto, no chance to gain momentum from a home crowd.

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Who knows how they’d of got on with a full season in Super League, the few games they did play their opposition included Saints, Leeds, Warrington and Wigan, an incredibly tough start to the season. They came up 8 points short against Salford and 10 points short against Warrington. They obviously didn’t have a great start but would have picked up wins as the season went on.

Yeah, plus playing all those games away. 

From a playing perspective I would probably take that Toronto team over this Toulouse team. 

27 minutes ago, AB90 said:

Yeah, plus playing all those games away. 

From a playing perspective I would probably take that Toronto team over this Toulouse team. 

I think some of that Toronto team are now playing for TO. Anyone who has had SL experience will bring something to the team, we saw that last season with Casti, Harrison, Garbutt et al

14 hours ago, JonM said:

Huddersfield missing 3 players due to non-vaccination - Ricky Leutele, Jermaine McGillvary and Michael Lawrence.

Ricky Leutele Is ill, he was in the team and set to travel right up to Thursday evening and was replaced in the team by Jake Wardle 

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

Taking ###### you? It's round 1 like 

You can tell a lot from round 1 especially with teams expected to struggle.

In 2012 Widnes competed against Wakey for around 60 minutes, before Wakey pulled away. This was Widnes at their most prepared - a home game fresh from pre-season. However, the warning signs were clear.

The next week, we lost 66-6 to Hudds. If you come up short relatively easy in game 1 against a mid-table side then the intensity of week to week SL will tear you apart.

Totally an unknown this, and a huge banana skin for the Giants. 

We "should" win this, really good pack this season and far more balance in the halves & backs but I can imagine Tolouse will be throwing it all at this first game. 

I'd feel sorry for any team who got this fixture tbh. 

Archived