Sat 12th Feb: SL: Toulouse Olympique v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (SKY)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/22 at 20:30

7 minutes ago, Ant said:

Totally an unknown this, and a huge banana skin for the Giants. 

We "should" win this, really good pack this season and far more balance in the halves & backs but I can imagine Tolouse will be throwing it all at this first game. 

I'd feel sorry for any team who got this fixture tbh. 

Pretty excited to see this Giants squad, some very shrewd recruitment. Will Pryce now has a pack in front of him to create his magic. Toulouse are used to winning atm so it will be a close tussle.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Pretty excited to see this Giants squad, some very shrewd recruitment. Will Pryce now has a pack in front of him to create his magic. Toulouse are used to winning atm so it will be a close tussle.

Yeah, I have high hopes for this season from them - bonus is there's some young players got some super experience (and a fair few Giants academy players elsewhere in SL now) 

Last season was never going to be anything than it was, doubly so given the horrific injury list we had at times

As for this game, I absolutely hope Tolouse do well this season, just not at our expense 😉

2 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

This starts on Sky at 6:30, surely there isn't an hour build up or is it 8pm Toulouse time?

KO is 8pm local, 7pm UK. I would have thought it worth mentioning in the match thread title tbh.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

They won't lose that much confidence to write off entire season after 1 game like 

They won't win many if any away from home , to stay up they must build belief they can turn anybody over at home , a siege mentality , they need to win tonight IMO to stay up 

3 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Saying that, Toulouse's doesn't look too sharp either. Any side with Chris Hankinson playing out if position at half back is up against it.

I'm not sure that squad would beat some Championship sides this year, never mind a Super League team. Big ask for Toulouse. I think their only hope will be Huddersfield having an absolute shocker.

Delighted that Joe Bretherton is back in Super League though. He was a great talent in Wigan's academy, a real natural athlete, but was terribly unlucky with injuries. Always had a feeling he'd make it back to the top league.

That's a start TO wanted.

Except the kick

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Not too shabby a start from Toulouse!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived