Sun 13th Feb: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Hull FC KO 15:00

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/22 at 15:30

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll be there to no doubt see a dismal performance by Hull FC although we will be rather under strength due to a disconcerting number of injuries. 
That said, there is a rumour that Jake Connor is ready to play despite breaking his hand two weeks since. Our chances will improve dramatically if this is true.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

We are really struggling for forwards which is a worry because I'm expecting a forward battle on a heavy pitch. If Satae has a big game and a couple of the fringe players can step up to support him then we should just about be able to do enough. I'm not remotely confident though. 

Hull by 4

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I’ll be there to no doubt see a dismal performance by Hull FC although we will be rather under strength due to a disconcerting number of injuries. 
That said, there is a rumour that Jake Connor is ready to play despite breaking his hand two weeks since. Our chances will improve dramatically if this is true.

I can't imagine him being 100% though. Surely his hand will still be bothering him, and for a player who's best asset is his passing and catching skills that's a problem. Maybe if he is fit enough to play we can put him on the bench, and if we need a game breaker we can chuck him on and see if he can make a big play. I aren't expecting an expansive game, and whilst he lacks Connor's flair, Shaul will be a safe pair of hands and is more likely to get on the end of any half breaks big Chris might be able to make.

13 minutes ago, MZH said:

I can't imagine him being 100% though. Surely his hand will still be bothering him, and for a player who's best asset is his passing and catching skills that's a problem. Maybe if he is fit enough to play we can put him on the bench, and if we need a game breaker we can chuck him on and see if he can make a big play. I aren't expecting an expansive game, and whilst he lacks Connor's flair, Shaul will be a safe pair of hands and is more likely to get on the end of any half breaks big Chris might be able to make.

I think we can consider ourselves fortunate to have a stand-in of Shaul's ability available. He won't come up with the try assists that Connor does but as you suggest, he's a tremendous support player with a lot more pace than Connor and is far more likely to be on the shoulder of any half-breaks. Having said that, if the conditions are anything like they were five years ago when we went to Wakefield first up, size might be more important than pace.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

It feels a bit like a battle of the two teams who have the least enthused fans going in to the season. The injury problems Hull can’t seem to get past must be so frustrating. To have so many missing at this stage is ridiculous really. 

I’d probably want to see the teams first but I’ll go early with Wakey by 8. 

1 minute ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

You related to the moderator? How you get away with your constant trolling is a joke, yet when anyone pulls you up they get a ban. Same on the other forum.

That's me gone again, can't have a go at the village idiot can we.

It’s just my opinion, you are welcome to post yours, that’s the whole point of the forum. Wakefield are relegation contenders and shouldn’t be much trouble for Hull FC who are a top 6 club imo. 

Fully expect a slow start to the season for FC this year but I am not all doom and gloom about the year as a whole. I think they will improve as key players return to fitness.

Think Wakey win in a tight one this weekend though. Not expecting a high scoring game if the weather conditions are as poor as predicted.

I'm slightly more confident now I've seen Hull's squad. Connor is in the 21 and if he plays we will be full strength in the backs/halves (Connor, Swift, Tuimavave, Griffin, McIntosh, Reynolds, Gale). We are missing 4 or 5 forwards who would be in and around the first choice 17 but we still have Satae, Sao, Savelio and Lane to do the heavy lifting whilst Fash and Brown will do a job (big season for Brown btw). Cam Scott will play second row which I do think is probably his best position going forward. Houghton and Lovodua to share the hooking. I've seen worse packs for sure.

21 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s just my opinion, you are welcome to post yours, that’s the whole point of the forum. 

Does the whole point of a forum also encompass editing an earlier post that you made because it makes you look a bit of an idiot?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 10/02/2022 at 16:10, MZH said:

A broken hand doesn’t heal in 2 weeks & another bang on it could rule him out long term,seems an unnecessary risk with the season only starting.

On 11/02/2022 at 08:34, Kirmonds pouch said:

You related to the moderator? How you get away with your constant trolling is a joke, yet when anyone pulls you up they get a ban. Same on the other forum.

That's me gone again, can't have a go at the village idiot can we.

It's not really trolling is it; he just said who he thought would win. It's a perfectly valid opinion to believe that Hull might win easily.

And if they don't you can come back and call him a person who I hold in very low esteem.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived