Mon 14th Feb: Ch: Leigh Centurions v Bradford Bulls KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Bradford Bulls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/02/22 at 20:15

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

And yet you could pull 6-7K on a Thursday night last season. Or do people not commute into Leigh on Thursday?

Granted the opposition was better last season 😉

Still, the point is valid. If you end up in Super League next season you'll be playing a good chunk of your games on Thursday nights, Friday night, Saturday lunchtimes. So why is ONLY Sunday afternoon's viable when you are in the Championship?

Why does a SL club get such small crowds when playing a mid/lower champ club in the CC on any day - same answer as Para 2 above.

We have done SL and drew over 6500 average in 2017 playing all our biggest home games away from Sunday pm - 2 of the 3 where Thursday.

SL is a far easier sell for season tickets, the hardcore still buy in the championship but its a fraction of SL sales.

Valentines day, mid winter night, monday and 24 start are not attractive to the fans that take the averages up - unless you give the admission away, and watching York go from 3600 to 1500 is proof of that.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Why does a SL club get such small crowds when playing a mid/lower champ club in the CC on any day - same answer as Para 2 above.

We have done SL and drew over 6500 average in 2017 playing all our biggest home games away from Sunday pm - 2 of the 3 where Thursday.

SL is a far easier sell for season tickets, the hardcore still buy in the championship but its a fraction of SL sales.

Valentines day, mid winter night, monday and 24 start are not attractive to the fans that take the averages up - unless you give the admission away, and watching York go from 3600 to 1500 is proof of that.

Excuses, excuses... 

9 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Excuses, excuses... 

2019 York burst on the championship scene making the playoffs, and attracting more fans than now eg York v Sheff 2019 1800. Facts can get in the way of a good chat, What have they been doing at the Marketing brainstorming sessions?? Cheap tickets.

Because Leigh Centurions (and their annoying owner) beat Bradford 38-4 (with 5 missed conversions) this thread has turned into a 'Richard' measuring contest over Monday night crowds. If it's the same after we play Widnes in 2 weeks time, I'll be delighted, because that will mean that we won...albeit in front of another crappy crowd of under 3K. 😜

10 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

2019 York burst on the championship scene making the playoffs, and attracting more fans than now eg York v Sheff 2019 1800. Facts can get in the way of a good chat, What have they been doing at the Marketing brainstorming sessions?? Cheap tickets.

Oooh stats, (one of) my favourite topics! Here’s a few facts, stats and factual stats for you:

In 2019 York’s lowest attendance was 1338, against Dewsbury. In 2022 so far it’s 1562, also against Dewsbury. +17% Increase

Yorks 2019 average was 2125. 2022 so far is 2582. +22% Increase

York 2019 vs Featherstone league fixture 3115. 2022 vs Featherstone league fixture 3602. +16% Increase

And yes I am fun at parties 😇 

These increases are nothing to write home about but things are slowly heading in the right direction. 2016 York’s core home support was 300-400. Now it’s 1500. Plenty work to still be done as I’m sure those behind the scenes at York are no doubt aware.

Looking forward to Sunday, Leigh brought a half decent following back in 2019 (approx 500) when the crowd was 2020. Hopefully Sunday’s crowd will break the 2500 mark.

Sweaty Craig has been done again there.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

19 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The ones ' bleating ' would have been at the LSV , the floating fans weren't , not forgetting we don't run the LSV , and unlike York it isn't its proper first season , will the stadium management still be letting York offer free/cheap tickets in ten years time ? 

We told you Monday wouldn't go down well at Leigh , we were right 

Better get used to because Leigh are on the most.

4 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Oooh stats, (one of) my favourite topics! Here’s a few facts, stats and factual stats for you:

In 2019 York’s lowest attendance was 1338, against Dewsbury. In 2022 so far it’s 1562, also against Dewsbury. +17% Increase

Yorks 2019 average was 2125. 2022 so far is 2582. +22% Increase

York 2019 vs Featherstone league fixture 3115. 2022 vs Featherstone league fixture 3602. +16% Increase

And yes I am fun at parties 😇 

These increases are nothing to write home about but things are slowly heading in the right direction. 2016 York’s core home support was 300-400. Now it’s 1500. Plenty work to still be done as I’m sure those behind the scenes at York are no doubt aware.

Looking forward to Sunday, Leigh brought a half decent following back in 2019 (approx 500) when the crowd was 2020. Hopefully Sunday’s crowd will break the 2500 mark.

C'mon you cant be saying the journey into a new stadium wont have an effect, or that giving away free tickets wont boos numbers, or by halving admission more adults wont attend?

The retained cash through the till at any of those would dwarf the Fev games, a 16% increase in number for a 50% reduction in retained income is a disastrous trade off when the crowds drop back the following week. Its like the worker saying how busy they are as the bailiffs move in

4 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

C'mon you cant be saying the journey into a new stadium wont have an effect, or that giving away free tickets wont boos numbers, or by halving admission more adults wont attend?

The retained cash through the till at any of those would dwarf the Fev games, a 16% increase in number for a 50% reduction in retained income is a disastrous trade off when the crowds drop back the following week. Its like the worker saying how busy they are as the bailiffs move in

Sorry sweaty, I’m not privy to the financial side of York City Knights although I imagine regularly selling out a 500 capacity hospitality suite at £60 a head compares favourably with a 50 person capacity buffet inside a cramped hospitality room which faced the car park at the last stadium! 

Regardless of what does and doesn’t have an effect, your words were ‘York were drawing more fans in 2019’ and that ‘facts get in the way of a good chat.’ I’ve explained the attendance facts to you, it doesn’t matter how York are getting people through the gates.

7 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Sorry sweaty, I’m not privy to the financial side of York City Knights although I imagine regularly selling out a 500 capacity hospitality suite at £60 a head compares favourably with a 50 person capacity buffet inside a cramped hospitality room which faced the car park at the last stadium! 

Regardless of what does and doesn’t have an effect, your words were ‘York were drawing more fans in 2019’ and that ‘facts get in the way of a good chat.’ I’ve explained the attendance facts to you, it doesn’t matter how York are getting people through the gates.

Thats some going from 1500 fans, and all kids being free in that number - 1 in 2 adults must dine in

On 15/02/2022 at 18:41, Gav Wilson said:

Excuses, excuses... 

Gav. Jack Smith ref for your game v Leigh at the weekend. One of the better ones. He seems a good lad too. So hopefully both sets of fans won't have owt to complain about there. 

23 hours ago, Cw25 said:

Gav. Jack Smith ref for your game v Leigh at the weekend. One of the better ones. He seems a good lad too. So hopefully both sets of fans won't have owt to complain about there. 

I'm sure we'll find something 

If we lose 😉

On 15/02/2022 at 16:57, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

£10 across the board at Dewsbury next Monday with under 18s free.

Walking down to the ground I don't recall ever seeing that many cars bumper to bumper on the approach road.

Turn out at 2,500+ was I believe three times Dewsbury's last Sunday home game.

Food kiosks looks like they did a brisk trade, with Widnes fans on the road around 5pm there was certainly the potential for making some money.

If this game had been played on Sunday under normal admission prices you'd probably have had a few more Widnes fans and a few less Dewsbury fans.

Guessing the attendance would be 1,400 to 1,600.

Hopefully Dewsbury got their sums right with the reduced admission prices.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

5 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Food kiosks looks like they did a brisk trade, with Widnes fans on the road around 5pm there was certainly the potential for making some money.

I was trying to do those sums on my way home 🙂  I.e. how much extra beer and pies do you have to sell to recoup the reduced admission fee?

19 minutes ago, JonM said:

I was trying to do those sums on my way home 🙂  I.e. how much extra beer and pies do you have to sell to recoup the reduced admission fee?

No expert but I'd guess the food mark up would be more than the drinks. Then it depends on whether the outlets are run by the club or subbed out.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Archived