Crusaders to Move back to Wrexham.. eventually?

7 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

A 2nd team in North Wales, with one based in Wrexham and one in Colwyn Bay would be ideal. Let’s expand the game. 

If someone is going to organise and pay for it that would be great, though of course much easier said than done. 

33 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

No, it´s an oversized box for Crusaders and once again means they wouldnt be able to use the stadium bar game day. The new owners are minted of Wrexham , they probably dont want anyone on their pitch. Build at the bay and when I win the euromillons or RFL gets a long term plan we can build Crusaders their own facility. 

I believe that the RFL do indeed have a long term plan.  It's for you to win the Euromillions and kindly hand them the money.

58 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If someone is going to organise and pay for it that would be great, though of course much easier said than done. 

Yes, every club needs an owner, we need policies that encourage new investment in teams in expansion areas instead of the opposite we’ve seen over the years. Toulouse paying travel costs for opponents. No central funding for Toronto. 50% central funding for Gateshead Thunder. Then we have cries of it’ll never work outside the m62

Colwyn Bay seems to be working for Cru. I believe the council have applied for levelling up funding to improve the stadium. I would have thought Cru are there for the long term. 

And so we shall again…

17 minutes ago, devonhawk said:

Colwyn Bay seems to be working for Cru. I believe the council have applied for levelling up funding to improve the stadium. I would have thought Cru are there for the long term. 

Definately 

A very welcoming council and lots of caravan owners looking for an afternoon out

If I were them, I'd stick with Colwyn Bay. I think it will turn out to be an excellent base for them, and a popular destination for away fans, especially during the Summer.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If I were them, I'd stick with Colwyn Bay. I think it will turn out to be an excellent base for them, and a popular destination for away fans, especially during the Summer.

Get a local derby with Rhyl going, would be massive (Rhyl could be sponsored by the Suncentre and have Nerys Hughes and Carol Vordeman as celebrity fans). 

4 hours ago, Jughead said:

The positive may be that it’s a ground that could easily host Wales national side and with Warrington, Wigan, St Helens and Leigh being reasonably close, good enough to draw a decent following for England. 

Theres still no reason the Wales RL couldn't hire the Racecourse for International RL. I'm told that the pitch is to be extended so it can host rugby. I'm sure the football fans would prefer league to be played there given the damage union scrums can do to the pitch.

As far as I'm aware North Wales Crusaders have made no approach to Wrexham AFC to return to the Racecourse. All our fixtures for 2022 are advertised as Stadiwm Zip World, Eirias Parc Colwyn Bay. It not unlikely that at some point we'll want to play some games again in Wrexham but it will be dependant on what fees Wrexham AFC ask for. Prior to our move to Queensway we were out-priced by the demands to play at the Racecourse....and lets not forget North Wales Crusaders are £40k down on RFL central funding from last season and £10k down of RFL travel allowances too. 

In my view Crusaders have a great stadium in Colwyn Bay and we need to build our brand there for the next couple of seasons at least.

3 hours ago, gogledd said:

As far as I'm aware North Wales Crusaders have made no approach to Wrexham AFC to return to the Racecourse. All our fixtures for 2022 are advertised as Stadiwm Zip World, Eirias Parc Colwyn Bay. It not unlikely that at some point we'll want to play some games again in Wrexham but it will be dependant on what fees Wrexham AFC ask for. Prior to our move to Queensway we were out-priced by the demands to play at the Racecourse....and lets not forget North Wales Crusaders are £40k down on RFL central funding from last season and £10k down of RFL travel allowances too. 

In my view Crusaders have a great stadium in Colwyn Bay and we need to build our brand there for the next couple of seasons at least.

Only £40k down. Sounds like you've had less of a cut than many clubs🙄.

Colwyn Bay seems to be working so far, hope it continues to work. Good to have one Welsh club whose ground move has worked. Nearest pub had painted the Crusaders logo on it's side and that's seen on the main road into the town (not the A55) so great free advertising. 

15 hours ago, PhilCarrington said:

Only £40k down. Sounds like you've had less of a cut than many clubs🙄.

Colwyn Bay seems to be working so far, hope it continues to work. Good to have one Welsh club whose ground move has worked. Nearest pub had painted the Crusaders logo on it's side and that's seen on the main road into the town (not the A55) so great free advertising. 

Phil - Our cut in central funding will be the same as all the other League 1 Clubs - I was speculating on the amount of cut - but rest assured we haven't had any special treatment from the RFL!

The pub is the Park Hotel and has been a superb supporter of North Wales Crusaders since our arrival in Colwyn Bay.  Some of their staff work the bar in the stadium for us and we always have a good crowd in the pub before and after the game. What was a real indication they'd bought into Rugby League was all the staff were wearing replica shirts from our first game, an as you say they've painted our badge on the side of the pub. Always a great atmosphere in there and they welcome any travelling fans to come and enjoy a drink before and after the game.

19 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

I'd rather spend a day in Colwyn Bay than Wrexham.

Bit harsh!! Wrexhams not so bad, but Colwyn bay does have better ice cream!

1 hour ago, gogledd said:

Phil - Our cut in central funding will be the same as all the other League 1 Clubs - I was speculating on the amount of cut - but rest assured we haven't had any special treatment from the RFL!

The pub is the Park Hotel and has been a superb supporter of North Wales Crusaders since our arrival in Colwyn Bay.  Some of their staff work the bar in the stadium for us and we always have a good crowd in the pub before and after the game. What was a real indication they'd bought into Rugby League was all the staff were wearing replica shirts from our first game, an as you say they've painted our badge on the side of the pub. Always a great atmosphere in there and they welcome any travelling fans to come and enjoy a drink before and after the game.

Now that sounds like a good pub 😎

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

21 hours ago, gogledd said:

I am happy to hear the move is working out well for them, by the sounds of it. 

I remeber reading, roughly this time last year, that they were making great efforts to establish some community clubs in North Wales. I think they said the goal was 4 new clubs in Wrexham. 

I suppose my question now is, is this still the plan? Will the bulk of their grassroots efforts still be centred around Wrexham or is that also likely to shift up to Colwyn Bay, does anybody know? 

4 minutes ago, langpark said:

I am happy to hear the move is working out well for them, by the sounds of it. 

I remeber reading, roughly this time last year, that they were making great efforts to establish some community clubs in North Wales. I think they said the goal was 4 new clubs in Wrexham. 

I suppose my question now is, is this still the plan? Will the bulk of their grassroots efforts still be centred around Wrexham or is that also likely to shift up to Colwyn Bay, does anybody know? 

There are some grass routes clubs being established in North Wales including

Flintshire Falcons

Rhyl and Prestatyn Panthers

Conwy Celt

and Wrexham Crusaders

along with North Wales Origin who select from the community clubs as well as any other players who meet the Origin eligibility criteria - for example there are players in Chester Gladiators who are of Welsh heritage and qualify.

There is also North Wales Buccaneers Masters for over 35's and North Wales Crusaders Wheelchair who field teams in Wheelchair Super League and Championship. It is hope a Learnind Disabiliities RL team will be established in 2022.

2 hours ago, gogledd said:

Sounds like I need to pay them a visit before the Noel Gallagher gig in Colwyn in June!

(Still not a patch on Leigh hosting both Elton John and Lionel Richie btw)

Archived