Saints league leaders odds

Eddie

39 minutes ago, Scubby said:

A lot can happen in a season. Injuries, suspensions etc. 

True, but the same applies for all other teams. I thought Saints would be weaker this season but based on last night if anything they’ll be better. 

That’s not bad odds.

Saints look good, started off comfortably but could be without Percival for next weeks game at Hull and maybe Hopoate who had a rib issue late on. Grace is also out for the first month of the season so could be a very different back line for Hull next week and maybe for a couple of weeks later if Hopoate is injured and Grace is still out. The pack and line speed looked very good though, so that might be enough to carry them through for a couple of weeks. 

Catalans are most peoples second favourites. Dudson and Napa could be looking at a few weeks off suspended and Bousquet has a potential broken bone in the arm. They suddenly look short for their next few games and a weaker pack will affect their chances of winning games. 

We’ve not seen anyone else play yet but they’ll need to be huge improvements at Leeds, Wire or Wigan to challenge Saints but it’s not impossible. 

26 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That’s not bad odds.

Saints look good, started off comfortably but could be without Percival for next weeks game at Hull and maybe Hopoate who had a rib issue late on. Grace is also out for the first month of the season so could be a very different back line for Hull next week and maybe for a couple of weeks later if Hopoate is injured and Grace is still out. The pack and line speed looked very good though, so that might be enough to carry them through for a couple of weeks. 

Catalans are most peoples second favourites. Dudson and Napa could be looking at a few weeks off suspended and Bousquet has a potential broken bone in the arm. They suddenly look short for their next few games and a weaker pack will affect their chances of winning games. 

We’ve not seen anyone else play yet but they’ll need to be huge improvements at Leeds, Wire or Wigan to challenge Saints but it’s not impossible. 

Definitely not impossible but I’d say Saints are more likely than not to finish top, so 7/5 is a generous price. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Definitely not impossible but I’d say Saints are more likely than not to finish top, so 7/5 is a generous price. 

I agree though I do wonder how the back line will look over the coming weeks if Hopoate is injured, along with Percival being out for eleven days if he did fail a HIA last night and Grace being out already. 

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Saints will also need to have the sand comparative luck with injuries this year as they did last

Saints suffered plenty of lengthy injuries last year. Bentley missed almost all of the year, Fages never played again after the CC Final, Knowles missed the first 1 1/2 months of the season, Percival had 3 lengthy spells out injured. They were no better off than anyone else, they just managed to maintain their performance levels with players missing where as some teams couldn't. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

18 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I agree though I do wonder how the back line will look over the coming weeks if Hopoate is injured, along with Percival being out for eleven days if he did fail a HIA last night and Grace being out already. 

Did Percival Fail an HIA ? There were only 8 minutes left when he got hit by Napa so he wouldn't have returned anyway pass or fail.

Just now, Saint Toppy said:

Did Percival Fail an HIA ? There were only 8 minutes left when he got hit by Napa so he wouldn't have returned anyway pass or fail.

I’m not sure it was even mentioned on Sky but it wouldn’t surprise me if he did fail it. 

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Saints suffered plenty of lengthy injuries last year. Bentley missed almost all of the year, Fages never played again after the CC Final, Knowles missed the first 1 1/2 months of the season, Percival had 3 lengthy spells out injured. They were no better off than anyone else, they just managed to maintain their performance levels with players missing where as some teams couldn't. 

Didn't say you had no injuries....said compared to some teams

For what is worth I have thought the Saints set up might well be part of the reason. 

23 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Didn't say you had no injuries....said compared to some teams

For what is worth I have thought the Saints set up might well be part of the reason. 

Anyone betting on them to win the LLS in 2021 would also have lost their cash. Those odds are fair IMO as a lot can happen.

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

I disagree they were no better off than some other teams - Leeds for example had a shocking year last year with injuries because they happened all at once and when a player returned another would be out - we even payed you in the CC without any halfbacks for instance, and we just didn't get any settled combinations in key positions, I'm not moaning, it can happen in RL, it may happen to saints this year, if Dodd, Lomax, Walmsley, Welsby and Roby are all out for any period of time especially at the same it will impact the season.

Basically predicting anything after round one is daft.

56 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Those odds are fair IMO as a lot can happen.

I agree about the Odds being fair, Saints have already shown they don't see the hubcap as being a priority. They would have won it the year before but chose to rest almost their entire 1st team against Salford which then gifted Wigan 1st place, but ultimately they then went on to win the GF.

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

I agree about the Odds being fair, Saints have already shown they don't see the hubcap as being a priority. They would have won it the year before but chose to rest almost their entire 1st team against Salford which then gifted Wigan 1st place, but ultimately they then went on to win the GF.

An absolute classic! 

56 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

An absolute classic! 

Classic in what sense ?

The fact Saints picked an A Team that narrowly lost to Salford, and had they not picked that team and had been at full strength would almost certainly have won and would have finished top of the league.

They sacrificed 1st place in the league to rest players for the play-off's 

16 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Classic in what sense ?

The fact Saints picked an A Team that narrowly lost to Salford, and had they not picked that team and had been at full strength would almost certainly have won and would have finished top of the league.

They sacrificed 1st place in the league to rest players for the play-off's 

Then they should have been fined and deducted points for negatively affecting the integrity of the competition.

Archived