London Broncos v Whitehaven RLFC - Who Will Win? (Sun 13th Feb 2022)

London Broncos v Whitehaven RLFC - Who Will Win? (Sun 13th Feb 2022)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. London Broncos v Whitehaven RLFC - Who Will Win?

• London Broncos
    • Whitehaven RLFC

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, gingerjon said:

The chance to rent a run of the mill League Two football ground.

And two other grounds.

Yep the training grounds for academy and 1st team elsewhere makes no sense and for why are the reserves games not at plough lane - surely Richmond is not the place now and should all be in same venue to generate more interest as double headers 

17 hours ago, Cw25 said:

Won't work out like this. Otherwise, Barrow might go up. Hope you compete v Fev. Then things will turn. Gone through a big change. Does not mean certain relegation. And above all, Carry on going the home games !

There were chances, we were on their line a number of times despite what other doom mungerers say - we had some moments of individualism with chip and chase and quick feet and near 40/20 but needs a clearer structure and time to work on these things - got to get on score board though as a MUST

14 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

1411. Pretty good considering the weather and opposition.

Not sure what Broncos can do about halfbacks at this stage but a blind man could see that’s a problem position.

So iyo both half backs were poor? I thought left edge had good attack at times but when slow delivery or play went wrong way numbers wise the finish kicks were slow off right and led to quick attack by haven

Thanks to the Haven fans who did make the Journey down, its a long old trip and I hope you enjoyed the day.

The teams was closely matched, but you had that slightly better quality than London had.  I don't think looking at the Haven performance you will make the playoffs this year, but you should dodge relegation.  You will probably finish higher in the table than London however

3 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

There were chances, we were on their line a number of times despite what other doom mungerers say - we had some moments of individualism with chip and chase and quick feet and near 40/20 but needs a clearer structure and time to work on these things - got to get on score board though as a MUST

I listened the game. Oli Leyland had some kind of effort right on half time. And it sounded as though he had a reasonable game. The doom fans have my sympathy. I said in a previous post,You need to compete v Fev. I should maybe have said, Get positives from it. I am sure you will. I am even more sure, There will be better times for London. Stick in there Broncos fans.

7 hours ago, Twickbronc said:

I see the video of Coleman after the game has now vanished from Twitter. 

Seen article from Coleman stating that 13 were unavailable for selection for covid or injury reasons which is total rubbish! He dropped ramsley and Coates ullberg and guhan still not visa ready Albert training and 3 ex academy all spectators. He is insistent on blaming his players rather than his lack of guidance or ability. Bet the blame for yesterday goes to the younger players and not those that he brought in or are more senior

3 hours ago, Cw25 said:

I listened the game. Oli Leyland had some kind of effort right on half time. And it sounded as though he had a reasonable game. The doom fans have my sympathy. I said in a previous post,You need to compete v Fev. I should maybe have said, Get positives from it. I am sure you will. I am even more sure, There will be better times for London. Stick in there Broncos fans.

He was the flair to be fair and was trying things but needed more around him and another competent half to spark off! Wasn’t sure about Siti as only second game once they gel it should work well 

8 hours ago, Twickbronc said:

I see the video of Coleman after the game has now vanished from Twitter. 

If he is putatively a school teacher,nay,a head teacher,standing there with a smirk on his face,hands in pockets,with an insouciant attitude,I am not surprised.

He does slovenly to perfection.

I don't think it was his idea to do the video judging by the way it was presented.

Disappointing and debilitating for London Broncos supporters,I would think.

I was far from impressed, and I know how badly supporters can be treated. 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

Seen article from Coleman stating that 13 were unavailable for selection for covid or injury reasons which is total rubbish! He dropped ramsley and Coates ullberg and guhan still not visa ready Albert training and 3 ex academy all spectators. He is insistent on blaming his players rather than his lack of guidance or ability. Bet the blame for yesterday goes to the younger players and not those that he brought in or are more senior

Has Coates played in his correct position yet? (Rumours circulating from an inside source are that quite a few players are not happy being asked to play out of position)

Last year at Coventry he looked really good and one who you felt could step up to the next level.

56 minutes ago, Templegreen said:

Has Coates played in his correct position yet? (Rumours circulating from an inside source are that quite a few players are not happy being asked to play out of position)

Last year at Coventry he looked really good and one who you felt could step up to the next level.

Not sure what position he has been played in but he was excellent for Coventry last year in the halves. He certainly has potential to play at a higher level. He did very well with an experienced player alongside him and scored and created a lot of tries. The thing with signing younger players is you have to be patient so if he's been dropped already that's a bit ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Templegreen said:

Coates has only played half for broncos.

Although,there is a fair few others playing out of position mainly the forwards.

Mustard has signed/retained only young halves,a key position which is highly inexperienced for London. A major issue,hence the low attack.

21 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

If he is putatively a school teacher,nay,a head teacher,standing there with a smirk on his face,hands in pockets,with an insouciant attitude,I am not surprised.

He does slovenly to perfection.

I don't think it was his idea to do the video judging by the way it was presented.

Disappointing and debilitating for London Broncos supporters,I would think.

I was far from impressed, and I know how badly supporters can be treated. 

Interesting description

On 13/02/2022 at 17:47, Cw25 said:

Won't work out like this. Otherwise, Barrow might go up. Hope you compete v Fev. Then things will turn. Gone through a big change. Does not mean certain relegation. And above all, Carry on going the home games !

Got to keep going - way too early in season to make call! Most other teams had at least 3 pre matches and some more plus trained together froM November- LB not had any of that so give them time. Coates could play back in halves with Leyland. Horsman played bench hooker last match which isn’t his position either so need time to settle. Next 4 games tough but if can ride it out with consistency we will have some kind of gel process hopefully 👍🏻

46 minutes ago, watcherofRL said:

Got to keep going - way too early in season to make call! Most other teams had at least 3 pre matches and some more plus trained together froM November- LB not had any of that so give them time. Coates could play back in halves with Leyland. Horsman played bench hooker last match which isn’t his position either so need time to settle. Next 4 games tough but if can ride it out with consistency we will have some kind of gel process hopefully 👍🏻

Problem is they could be 0-6, 0-7 before they really sort it out,  then they have 5 away games in a row which will make things even harder. If you get into July with only 1 or 2 wins, then your right up agaisn't it to avoid relegation.

They had to win this game, now they are really under the cosh

On 15/02/2022 at 17:06, crashmon said:

Problem is they could be 0-6, 0-7 before they really sort it out,  then they have 5 away games in a row which will make things even harder. If you get into July with only 1 or 2 wins, then your right up agaisn't it to avoid relegation.

They had to win this game, now they are really under the cosh

For to look forward though as no amount of chat about the losing of the Haven game is going to change the result. Now sure who the 12 injured players that Coleman refers to are but need to get some forwards on loan

Archived