Sheffield

NickD

He looked to get a neck/head injury in the 2nd half of the York match.

Have seen we have signed Robson Stevens on season long loan from Fartown. Hopefully the two aren’t related.

I liked the look Arron Hall last year but he hasn’t had an opportunity yet. Hope he does!

rambo.gif

10 hours ago, Rambo said:

Have seen we have signed Robson Stevens on season long loan from Fartown. Hopefully the two aren’t related.

I liked the look Arron Hall last year but he hasn’t had an opportunity yet. Hope he does!

If he failed the HIA last week, with the new 11 day rule he just wouldnt be allowed to play

11 hours ago, Rambo said:

Told u before.  Aaron Hall has spoilt his chances by repeatedly passing the ball out of the tackle.   He needs to learn.  

Only the third game in and already we are in a must win situation. Will this play on our minds (it dies for our supporters), or will it spur us into a better game?

I’m still optimistic and suggest we will win. 

Dewsbury 16-12 Sheffield 

FTS: Gabriel 

MoM: Beckett 

Att; 742

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, myview said:

Thought south stand was closed due to low attendances when playing Sheffield as they are not well supported away.

Do keep up My view.    Club put out all sorts of messages explaining why it was open.   

I'll start by saying the sending off was plainly a wrong decision. It was a yellow card. Think the ref fell for usual Sheffield gamesmanship getting six again, walking off the mark and cheap shots.

But massive credit to the whole team for a massive defensive effort, defending a number of repeat sets against a team which didn't make many errors. 

Thought Ryder put an excellent stint in 2nd row out of position and Brad Graham had a strong game. 

Attacking wise not sure why we didnt use the short kick more in those conditions, but at least Sykes redeemed himself with the kick through for the winning try.

Great win based on great defence.

credit to all  the lads today for pulling that game out of the fire.A mention for Davey Dixon.Young Sykesy at 40 plus-was he on our side? The refs. seem to be  hammering Dews. every game.  Keith Mason ,credit for what he's doing helping the club with  the old players.

I have said before, defence wins games and for those choosing not to attend  today’s match, they missed a great defensive TEAM effort (less the two slips which brought tries, both scored on our left side). It was there in the first half and most definitely to be found when we had lost players in the second period. 

That said, we now have to repeat it again in the games to come, especially Monday week against Widnes.

What pleased me was the number of times we got to our opponents’ legs in the tackle (not every time, but a big improvement). I’m looking forward to the day when I can ditch ⤵️⬇️⬇️
                                 ⬇️⬇️

Legs, Dews, Legs.

16 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Re-live the excitement...

Having watched the highlights both the sending off for Reiss and the 10 mins for Sykes seemed pretty harsh??

6 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Hard to tell with Sykes, but Butterworth looks like a yellow card.

Wow, wish he'd ref'd our game Pauli Pauli would have been banned for the season!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Hard to tell with Sykes, but Butterworth looks like a yellow card.

The interpretations have been tightened considerably this year as a part of the RFL's campaign to reduce brain damage in later life. Players will (should) quickly learn what is no longer acceptable.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

27 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

The interpretations have been tightened considerably this year as a part of the RFL's campaign to reduce brain damage in later life. Players will (should) quickly learn what is no longer acceptable.

Even so BSJ it didn’t seem as bad as the high tackle undertaken by the Warrington player in Saturdays clash with the Rhinos and he didn’t  get a red🤪

Archived