James Bentley

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players like Bentley and Napa have to learn quickly or the game will actually penalise them out of making a living. If we want to have contact sports in 10-20 years time then players will have to be more switched on to things like high shots and late hits.

This bloke has always made a ###### of himself against us, but needs to learn he is not wearing a Saints shirt any longer.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

18 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

Bentleys an idiot, he's a good player but his stupidity will stop him from being a useful player, his discipline is absolutely woeful.

Prior to last season, Bentley’s behaviour was borderline… at best. Last season it was awful. Petulant and thuggish at times. Whilst Toppy (rightly) gets plenty to stick on here, he was wrong in assertions about Bentley. Yesterday was an awful start to his Rhinos career; glad he has left and would take Batchelor every day of the week.

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Prior to last season, Bentley’s behaviour was borderline… at best. Last season it was awful. Petulant and thuggish at times. Whilst Toppy (rightly) gets plenty to stick on here, he was wrong in assertions about Bentley. Yesterday was an awful start to his Rhinos career; glad he has left and would take Batchelor every day of the week.

Yeah, always thought he was a good player and didnt really notice particularly bad dicipline. Then after we announced his signing, when he came back from his leg injury, i watched his games with a vested interest, he was an absolute liability for you, i couldnt actually believe the amount of penalties and six agains he gave away, not to mention the sin binnings.  

Its been a worry that i was hoping wouldn't become too big an issue for us, then yesterday happened. He'd lost his cool a couple of tackles earlier when he came steaming across the pitch to get involved in a tackle he didnt need to, with myler already down it left our right side defense woefully low on numbers, Warrington attacked that space, then he gets himself sent off chasing back across to where he should of been to start with. Absolute idiot.

13 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

People moan about referees, but if the rules are there to protect the health of the players, what's the issue? We've seen potential legal action may be taken over the effects of concussions, so what can the sport do?

I've seen posts on Facebook saying the ref ruined the game. Is the ref supposed to ignore the rules for fear of fans believing they ruined the game?

On 12/02/2022 at 19:01, Damien said:

That's certainly the Saint Toppy approach. 

I'd suggest you actually go & read my posts about Bentley from last season, particularly the ones where I call him an idiot and a liability and call for him to be dropped from the team.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 12/02/2022 at 13:25, Dallas Mead said:

Being James Bentley.  Did he ever hear back from his Mensa application I wonder?

End of the day Widdup was falling over

Bentley came in at a blind angle 

Sending off sufficient

Archived