Is refereeing now a lottery

chisholm

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching leeds wire today I actually thought the opposite . Agree or disagree when Kendall was explaining them at least you understood why he was making decisions in line with the rules he’s officiating by … and he was pretty consistent 

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Watching leeds wire today I actually thought the opposite . Agree or disagree when Kendall was explaining them at least you understood why he was making decisions in line with the rules he’s officiating by … and he was pretty consistent 

I said in the match thread that I thought Kendall had a great game today. He really impressed me with how he made the big decisions and how he communicated them.

On such a brilliant weekend of RL - including high ref’ing standards we have this post…..sorry but I simply don’t agree.

If you can’t find a positive to post about after this weekend - you need a mirror 

18 hours ago, chisholm said:

Having watched a lot of RL this weekend,  I can honestly say that decisions on rules and how to apply them is nothing more than a lottery. Seen so much inconsistencies it is a joke.

You should watch the other code

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

More worrying about the refereeing is that the SL is now pretty unrecognisable from the NRL in terms of rules and how it is being officiated. Same game, different rules, different interpretations.

Been like that for years, the Australians flirted with constant rule changes first and the result is now at the start of every season 3 or 4 changes are mate.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Just now, Marauder said:

Been like that for years, the Australians flirted with constant rule changes first and the result is now at the start of every season 3 or 4 changes are mate.

Yep but in opposite directions it seems. Does anyone actually know what international rules are now given we don't have any internationals?

3 hours ago, Pie tries said:

On such a brilliant weekend of RL - including high ref’ing standards we have this post…..sorry but I simply don’t agree.

If you can’t find a positive to post about after this weekend - you need a mirror 

Indeed. I don't think we have too much of a problem with the standard of match officials; we have a problem with the standard of spectators. Too many of them would rather blame the referee than admit that, on the day, their heroes were beaten by a better team.

I've only been following the game properly since the mid-90s, but I can safely say there has never been a higher standard of officiating to the one we have now.

If our players can hit the standard of our referees, we'll be in for a wonderful season and we'll win the World Cup at a canter.

People called Romans they go the house

Doesn't your heart just sink when, in a match thread, you get a post about how the referee is making sure team A win, followed by a post saying the referee is making sure team B win?

Usually a good indication that both opinions are wrong and not worth engaging with.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Indeed. I don't think we have too much of a problem with the standard of match officials; we have a problem with the standard of spectators. Too many of them would rather blame the referee than admit that, on the day, their heroes were beaten by a better team.

Tbf, the OP does state they are a general fan rather than a fan of any specific club. And they are right, it is a lottery.

Some referees interpret things differently. That is a lottery. 

It happens in football too.

23 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Tbf, the OP does state they are a general fan rather than a fan of any specific club. And they are right, it is a lottery.

Some referees interpret things differently. That is a lottery. 

It happens in football too.

As long as one accepts that consistency is actually impossible to achieve then there's not been much to complain about so far this season.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

This post - spot on. PLEASE lets sell our sport - lets start by bombarding social media with positives....

If you want to watch a sport ruined by the rules and Refs go watch rah rah

Archived