2022 NRL PRE SEASON RESULTS

18 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I still find no reference to Cumberland in the club name. I found Parramatta District RLFC, but nothing with Cumberland.

Well it is there somewhere because that is the full title of the club, If bugs you so bad, ring the football club and get a lowdown on their history and all will be revealed.

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

19 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

You’ll be pretty happy with that outing @The Rocket. Didn’t realise you had picked up Josh Macguire as well. Good signing.

Josh Macguire has been playing for the Dragons since April 2021, when the Dragons bought out his contract from the Cowboys......Macguire will not play again for the Dragons until round 6, due to a suspension he picked up after round 25 last season.

Good Crowd at Mudgee as you would expect for the Charity Shield. While I am in favour of trial matches being taken to county areas, (the attendance for Saturday's double header in Gosford would have caused a 25 page thread on the General Rugby League forum if played up here). You have to feel sorry for spectators at an AFL ground at Ballarat. It loked klike a case of bring your binoculars.

Although you never read too much into pre-season, West Tigers had some neat interplay through Jackson Hastings. The Dragons are looking good though last year's Charity Shield is a bit of a low bar but despite players leaving, never write off the Melbourne Storm. That is one well-coached outfit. that will be there or thereabouts in the playoffs

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

A less quality game than the other Trial games I have seen. Difficulty to tell how Sharkies did against a Desperate Dogs team who were really bad despite the big money buys.

Is the voluntary tackle rule null and void these day,s as early on Matt Dufty threw himself to the ground with the Sharks defence at least a metre away. Penallty surely ref...

Looking forward to vidsit the new Shark Park Pointsbet Stadium in 2023.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On 28/02/2022 at 02:16, R L Winger said:

Well it is there somewhere because that is the full title of the club, If bugs you so bad, ring the football club and get a lowdown on their history and all will be revealed.

Nah it’s ok. I’ve done my research and I am now confident that Cumberland is does not and has not featured in the club name.

“The Parramatta District Rugby League Football Club

The Parramatta District Rugby League Football Club was formally admitted to the New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) Premiership in 1947.”

https://historyandheritage.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/blog/2017/09/04/the-parramatta-eels

——-

The history of the Parramatta Eels dates back to their formation as the Parramatta District Rugby League Football Club in 1947 to the present day.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Parramatta_Eels

On 01/03/2022 at 22:59, Sports Prophet said:

Nah it’s ok. I’ve done my research and I am now confident that Cumberland is does not and has not featured in the club name.

“The Parramatta District Rugby League Football Club

The Parramatta District Rugby League Football Club was formally admitted to the New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) Premiership in 1947.”

https://historyandheritage.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/blog/2017/09/04/the-parramatta-eels

——-

The history of the Parramatta Eels dates back to their formation as the Parramatta District Rugby League Football Club in 1947 to the present day.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Parramatta_Eels

I know in the 1960's they were called that but can't find anything online that backs it up but there was life before the internet.

Archived