FEATHERSTONE ROVERS MATCH REACTION

butchupthetown

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Immensely proud . In general play we matched up extremely well . They scored a long range try but apart from that they never broke us . Take out a couple of soft tries and it’s even tighter . Overall that was a game we were in up to our eyeballs throughout . 

A performance to be proud of. Never took a backwards step. Defence for the large part was brilliant. Bit of off the cuff thinking for our try. That's the standard we need to deliver every week. 

Cus was MOM for me, closely followed by Jammer.  We look far more threatening with Walker in the side.

Bussey was about their best I thought. Quality today. He even managed to officiate the game as well! Fev backs were far better returning from deep. Would say they're all 6ft 4 plus as well!

Sure Chris will have been happy. Crowd was good an noisy too

Brilliant effort on the back of a superb kicking game, I don't think anyone expected us to be in it that late into the game even in them conditions. 

Oscar Thomas and Jamie Doran were outstanding, great to see Thomas getting so involved in the 2nd half, but really no player let us down at all, every one of them should be proud of that game.

Well played today Town tackled really well and scored a superb try from the kick. We got lucky with two of our tries but it's swings and roundabouts. Good luck for rest of season play like that and you've a good chance of staying up.

Obviously they're a good team and the conditions helped us but if our lads keep putting that effort in every week we'll pick up a few wins along the way. I liked how we varied our kicks but Fev's  kicking game was superb. I'm trying to pick out our best players but they all played their part in a great of rugby league. 

Interesting listening to chris saying the overseas is a bit uncertain but he’s monitoring a couple of forwards . Also said he’s proud but a bit frustrated as it could have been even better . Hutchings has done a hamstring 

9 minutes ago, Derwent said:

They’ve set the benchmark today, the challenge is to play at that level consistently now. Do that and the results will come.

Yes it was much better than I was dreading after last week's shocker..... the tackling was superb and the fitness level is clearly top class and so evident. In fact I thought Fev got a couple of very fortunate tries, but their kicking game in the second half did peg Town back via some quality efforts.

Good support from Fev too, all very amicable around me. It was quite noticeable that  these fans are in the majority belonging of the older brigade (don't mean to be cheeky), i.e. no 'drum banging' youngsters, thankfully. I met the former Fev kitman and it was a pleasure to exchange views with him..now roll on next week, it's winnable, UTT.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Interesting listening to chris saying the overseas is a bit uncertain but he’s monitoring a couple of forwards . Also said he’s proud but a bit frustrated as it could have been even better . Hutchings has done a hamstring 

Hutchings was awesome as sub yet again.....sad to see him being assisted on crutches along the speedway track remains as we left the ground....hopefully not too bad ??

Just now, chromedome said:

Hutchings was awesome as sub yet again.....sad to see him being assisted on crutches along the speedway track remains as we left the ground....hopefully not too bad ??

Hes a freight train when he gets going. Hope it isn't to serious. 

Hopefully no shock bans from the rfl this week.

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Shame because he looked strong when he came on, caused them a few problems in the middle

Immensely proud to be a townie today! Thought 1-17 we were immense and with a little bit of luck it would have been closer. Thought Cus was outstanding both with the ball and defending but Jammer showed what he wanted from his team with the trysaver in the corner early on and they certainly responded. When Jamie was taking the ball at speed and running at the line you could see how much better we looked. We’ve set our performance bar with that and I’m sure if we repeat it consistently we won’t be long until we are celebrating a win. 
Caught Chris’s interview driving home and it was brilliant to hear Walshy again, at least he’s knows what he’s talking about. 

Feared the worst going in thinking keep it under 50 and we'll have done OK, but that was an outstanding performance and when we scored our first dared to think we could even get a win! Awesome stuff, really proud town fans tonight..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

20 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I thought Curtis looked like he was gaining in confidence, he's gonna be a weapon.

Even in those conditions you can tell he’s a very good mover across the ground . Firmer conditions and he’ll be a big asset given half a chance . I’ll say again i think we’ve got to perservere with Walker as well , i like that halves combination they’ve both got some threat with the ball

Archived