FEATHERSTONE ROVERS MATCH REACTION

butchupthetown

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a word on Hanley Dawson today, thought he had a great game playing out of position..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Couldn’t get to the match so tried radio cumbria, first time for a while. Waste of time! No continuity whatsoever, one minute “Town back in possession” bit of a general chit chat and next “ I think Fev are over”. In the second half “Town have a set now on Fevs 10 yard line…” I get excited but “ sp Peter tell me about the time when….” Next thing” Fev up to Towns 40”. Utterly useless commentator.

14 minutes ago, DocH said:

Couldn’t get to the match so tried radio cumbria, first time for a while. Waste of time! No continuity whatsoever, one minute “Town back in possession” bit of a general chit chat and next “ I think Fev are over”. In the second half “Town have a set now on Fevs 10 yard line…” I get excited but “ sp Peter tell me about the time when….” Next thing” Fev up to Towns 40”. Utterly useless commentator.

Surprised with that,  Walshy always used to be quite good.

Exceptional performance by everyone , kept in the game and when it got to 14-6 could have gone either way .Didn`t get  our fair share of the 50-50s and had to wait until the 54th minute for our first penalty .Thought Moors for Fev was incredible , hard to tackle and gave a beauty of a pass for their long distance try .Roll on next week UTT.

Great effort by the boys yesterday, they put a solid 80min in against a top team, we couldn't have asked for anymore. On to another home game at the weekend which I'm failing to get my head around. Is there any other teams playing most of their home games at home in the first couple of months of the season in filthy weather conditions ? Come the spring and summer we won't have many more home games to attend and where is the revenue going to come from ? Its a ridiculous situation which surely could have been avoided but that's the RFL for you......Numpties.

19 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Come the spring and summer we won't have many more home games to attend and where is the revenue going to come from ? Its a ridiculous situation which surely could have been avoided but that's the RFL for you......Numpties.

Exactly , it’s beyond ridiculous and stupid . How many would we get for these games in June and July ? Looking at the fixture list you just laugh at how it’s been worked out 

16 hours ago, Normy_Rover said:

I really enjoyed my visit to DP and I’m glad it wasn’t a blow out as that doesn’t do anyone  any good

I said that to a Town fan sat near me it was a decent game for the conditions. I know we need a decent points difference but 50,60 nil or whatever is going to put a lot of fans off especially the ones on the teams receiving the blow out scores. Stayed in Workington over night and throughly enjoyed the Town fans and the people in general,s hospitality. Good luck to Workington RL.

20 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

but I'm sure anyone who saw that performance would understand- great effort- UTT!

Regarding "anyone who saw that performance" !.......For many years as a devout Townie I had the skill (I'll call it skill) to guesstimate any Town match attendance at DP to within a couple of hundred at the most - I just looked around the stadium and made my good guess.  However, maybe it's an age thing , but, oh dear in the last 12 months I've been all at sea with this 'skill'...........even yesterday's crowd given as 1007 was/is way off beam by my reckoning... I mean I was surrounded by a very large Fev contingent on the popular side......so only1007!!!...ok I'll just have to give up my guesstimates!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

Regarding "anyone who saw that performance" !.......For many years as a devout Townie I had the skill (I'll call it skill) to guesstimate any Town match attendance at DP to within a couple of hundred at the most - I just looked around the stadium and made my good guess.  However, maybe it's an age thing , but, oh dear in the last 12 months I've been all at sea with this 'skill'...........even yesterday's crowd given as 1007 was/is way off beam by my reckoning... I mean I was surrounded by a very large Fev contingent on the popular side......so only1007!!!...ok I'll just have to give up my guesstimates!!!!!!!!

Who ever estimated the crowd can only have looked in the grandstand, There was more than 1007 speckies in the ground and over the popular side it looked packed?, anyway, Great team performance from 1 to 17 and if the lads can maintain that standard of play we will be alright. 🏉🏉🏉UTT... 

5 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

The commentators said at one point he is 75. Thought it was better this week, and he was obviously a Town supporter.

That sounds as if it Walshy for sure...IanMac has said on this link he heard it was John Walsh who was summarising as Ian travelled home.  Yep John Walsh is a Town fan, although he'll admit to preferring the round ball game - in particular a Worky 'Reds' fan. And rather sadly he has a fondness for a team who wear light blue....and not forgetting his love for his pigeons......top commentator is Walshy..

17 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Great team performance from 1 to 17 and if the lads can maintain that standard of play we will be alright. 🏉🏉🏉UTT... 

Yeah Barry I felt very proud of them all yesterday....I see Widnes won at Fax...Hopefully Town have no further injury worries, apart from Hutchings, and can get stuck into Halifax next Sunday.

We must be consistent though , we can’t be blowing hot and cold like last week . We played the benchmark team and showed we’re not out of our depth if we give everything we’ve got . Ultimately also , however harsh and tough it’s a results game and we need to be turning good efforts into wins to keep in the hunt . Chris made a good point in that the more games / teams like this you play the better you get and more confidence you get . You can start to think ‘ hey I can cut it at this level ‘ . Last week was , hopefully ( has to be ) an aberration , but generally I think we’ve shown enough to think we’re a competitive outfit here . Fingers crossed with injuries and a reinforcement or two , but hopefully if we keep progressing and playing to the level we can and with the same intensity and enthusiasm we can then the tangible rewards come along , and we’re not just holding onto warm words . I must say I’m enjoying finding out , it sure beats league one . It’s really really tough week to week but it’s where you wanna be 

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

By the way , looking at that 2nd try it’s amazing how  the touchie and ref standing right there awarded that 

Thought the same myself David, clearly in front when the ball was kicked through.

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

By the way , looking at that 2nd try it’s amazing how  the touchie and ref standing right there awarded that 

You can tell on the players face it wasn't a try, think he was as shocked as anybody!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Archived