FEATHERSTONE ROVERS MATCH REACTION

butchupthetown

One of the guys who was working the turnstile was stood nearby when the crowd was announced. The attendance given had him in stitches šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ make of that ehat you will.Ā 

Listened to Chris' interview and he's spot on. That performance by the lads will should give them great confidence in their own abilities. Hopefuback it up this weekend.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, chromedome said:

Yeah Barry I felt very proud of them all yesterday....I see Widnes won at Fax...Hopefully Town have no further injury worries, apart from Hutchings, and can get stuck into Halifax next Sunday.

I think Hutchings will be a big loss. I hope there are still some players to come in as already some key injuries.

12 hours ago, townie88 said:

One of the guys who was working the turnstile was stood nearby when the crowd was announced. The attendance given had him in stitches šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ make of that ehat you will.Ā 

Listened to Chris' interview and he's spot on. That performance by the lads will should give them great confidence in their own abilities. Hopefuback it up this weekend.

hope vat man doesn't look at these posts, could end up with a visit to check the books, and the turnstiles on a match day.Ā 

27 minutes ago, JMB said:

hope vat man doesn't look at these posts, could end up with a visit to check the books, and the turnstiles on a match day.Ā 

Iam not saying its true clubs don't give the true attendance but IF they don't who can blame them ? Not saying its right to lie but clubs are struggling.

Because of the weather most of the crowd on the popular sideĀ  were under the roofĀ  ,and from the 40m line river end ,Ā  there wasn'tĀ  that many in that area . And looking across to the Grandstand there was plenty of empty seats .I thought the attendanceĀ  for the Newcastle gameĀ  was a lot more than theĀ  Featherstone match .Ā 

20 hours ago, Derwent said:

187EB27F-AC3F-4697-89A3-4861AA1AF75E.jpeg

Poor position by the TJ the rules did say as long as the ball doesn't hit the top of his thigh and before the ball hits the ground it's play on because he kicks it.Ā  Our player should have knocked him flying into the touch. There a very good team and credit to our players who played very well through out. UTTĀ 

23 hours ago, anok4u said:

You can tell on the players face it wasn't a try, think he was as shocked as anybody!

Poor decisions by the match officials it looked like they were looking after one side. Are town that bad with discipline on the amount of times they were penalised I got the impression the officials thought it was gonna be all Rovers. But our lads were up for it and give Brian McDermott he gave Town praise for the way they played. UTT.

39 minutes ago, pgilmour said:

Poor position by the TJ the rules did say as long as the ball doesn't hit the top of his thigh and before the ball hits the ground it's play on because he kicks it.Ā  Our player should have knocked him flying into the touch. There a very good team and credit to our players who played very well through out. UTTĀ 

Regardless of that the photo shows that the Fev number 1 who scored the try was clearly offside when the winger kicked the ball. Didnā€™t affect the result but a poor decision to give the try.

Iā€™m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

38 minutes ago, pgilmour said:

Poor decisions by the match officials it looked like they were looking after one side. Are town that bad with discipline on the amount of times they were penalised I got the impression the officials thought it was gonna be all Rovers. But our lads were up for it and give Brian McDermott he gave Town praise for the way they played. UTT.

We all think refs are against our team lol.

39 minutes ago, pgilmour said:

Hope you play like that every week now,good chance of staying up. Why have Town got so many Home games so close together? Seems strange.

2 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Hope you play like that every week now,good chance of staying up. Why have Town got so many Home games so close together? Seems strange.

Eagles swapped their home/away, and I think someone else did so we end up with 7 out of the first 8 at home.

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Crikey what about cash flow with all the awayĀ  game's enbloc?

Crazy scheduling . 5 out of the first 7 at home then Sheffield switched a fixture , making it 6 . Cash flow with all the away games is an issue , as is potential hit to crowds having so many games in poor weather early in the season . How is home and away roughly alternately so difficult ? This is so extreme itā€™s just ridiculousĀ 

3 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I can well imagine.

Town away in June,July or August would be more appealing to away supporters then these Winter months, crazy from those doing the fixtures. I do realise some teams have to play at Town in Winter but this fixture list is crazy.

2 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Town away in June,July or August would be more appealing to away supporters then these Winter months, crazy from those doing the fixtures.

Yeah that's exactly the point isn't it, being promoted to the division, no wealthy owner etc, we are already miles behind financially in building a team on our budget in comparison with the bigger teams like yourselves. Then we get the RFL fixture genius hatcheting any marketing we can gain from away fans making a weekend of it in the lakes and making the game during the holiday season. But don't get us started on the RFL........

Good luck for the season and hope you get a much deserved crack at SL.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Sheffield have played every game away up to now , perhaps its stadium availability with them i dont know , but theres no excuse with our fixtures , again in the old days you got a bit of time to approve your fixtures if you thought they were a bad mix ........point to make . Of the Clubs we expect to be around us at the business end , Sheffield have won away at Bradford , Haven at LondonĀ  and Dewsbury have beaten Sheffield at home , so we need a win as soon as .

Archived