Match thread: Championship Rd4. Featherstone Rovers v London Broncos. Saturday 19th February 2022.

marklaspalmas

1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

Well we won and Pickersgill Hall And Gale had good games 

After that im struggling for anymore positives 

Think some thought they needed to turn up and it would be easy nights work and everything would come off but it was very clunky tonight - dont think we ever got going - expected more than what was served up out there against a team who were there for the taking pre match and it could be argued it was a better pitch and conditions this week 

Perhaps its what we needed because that was a poor performance and the kick up the ###### needed to focus for next week 

Apart from the first line couldn't disagree more

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I don't think some of our players "just thought they had to turn up" I can't really fault anyone in particular. I just think London defended well, individually and as a team and in pretty poor conditions points were never going to be easy to come by. 

I remember a game against Rochdale a few years ago played in similar conditions. On this occasion we still won fairly comfortably. 

I left contented.

52 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Personally I don't think some of our players "just thought they had to turn up" I can't really fault anyone in particular. I just think London defended well, individually and as a team and in pretty poor conditions points were never going to be easy to come by. 

I'd agree with that. It's often commented that after a poor performance or scoring less than expected that "players couldn't be bothered". Personally, I'd suggest that's very rare. More likely is that some individuals have a bad day at work (don't we all) and that as a close knit team, it tends to reflect badly across everyone. 

London clearly have been working on defence, not attack. That was clearly reflected in both how they played, and the final score. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Yes I thought London did defend well . There2 tries were poor defence from Fev and an interception. Game result never in doubt, but we will have to play much better in the coming weeks. There appeared to be a bit of complacency in the camp. 

9 hours ago, Squidward said:

I remember a game against Rochdale a few years ago played in similar conditions. On this occasion we still won fairly comfortably. 

I left contented.

I also remember playing Rochdale at home in the mud and we lost by a point and it was a shock result.

I thought London tackled well and gave it a good go. We know how good Parata can be so he was always going to score and the other try was an interception. Not much to worry about here. 

We looked good in attack, but it was clear to see it was too muddy to pull off some of plays we were trying.

Only thing I would have liked to see different is more of Connor Jones. We went up another level when he came on. 

We got the 2 points, so that's all that matters to me

Reading some of the comments you would think we had lost

"that was a poor performance "

"expected more than what was served up out there against a team who were there for the taking "

"There appeared to be a bit of complacency in the camp. "

LAST KNIGHT  not only did we Have to beat London but we had to beat Mother Mature once  again  mud and bitterly cold were never going to allow free flowing rugby league 

SO we rolled up our sleeves got stuck in and showed what a good team we are by scoring another five tries that's four on the trot now 

ON another day the last three games could  have all been postponed but they weren't and in all three we showed we were the better team without really hitting our straps  and are sitting at the top four wins from four

I would have loved to see the moans and groans if we had lost any of them😂

. Well well well  aren't we the lucky ones we got to see some rugby while those around us were failing now  Derwent Park passes RFL  inspection but Workington Town RLFC has been called off by the Ground Safety Officer due to concerns over the adverse weather and safety concerns.

One final comment that I meant to say before.

In response to an earlier post. I dont think it was some players that just 

"thought they had to turn up"

I think it was some fans that did that.

In really difficult conditions against a spirited side I think we put in a decent performance as evidenced by the score.

We have obviously  been training for fast open rugby. I think in the conditions we adapted well. Our tries were first class in the conditions and London were a very spirited side. UTR lets move on..

Anyone know the Golden Gamble winning Number?

I might be sat on a fortune.

But being sat in the Family Stand offers little chance of hearing the numbers. I think a board walked round the pitch at half time is deserving of those who contribute. The P A this season is worse than ever unless my hearing is deteriorating which it probably is.

You are reiterating what I said earlier. You cannot hear there at all. I have asked other people just in case it was my hearing and they have said they cannot hear. I suggested the board carrying but was told that it couldn't be done due to pandemic circumstances. The only way is to contact the office for the winning number. Further my Featherstone Rovers TV has gone down again. It keeps telling me I would get better service at Microsoft. Further still I have asked on more than one occasion if we could have a presentation of our MOM, no reply so far. Although under Longo we were barred. So a few items need attention.

19 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

You are reiterating what I said earlier. You cannot hear there at all. I have asked other people just in case it was my hearing and they have said they cannot hear. I suggested the board carrying but was told that it couldn't be done due to pandemic circumstances. The only way is to contact the office for the winning number. Further my Featherstone Rovers TV has gone down again. It keeps telling me I would get better service at Microsoft. Further still I have asked on more than one occasion if we could have a presentation of our MOM, no reply so far. Although under Longo we were barred. So a few items need attention.

The sound system does need looking at, which I'm sure the club will be doing. As with the floodlights, it's hardly a secret however everything can't be resolved instantaneously. I know that we've now potentially got the council funding to invest (I don't know what the rules are around what we can and can't spend it on) but personally I'd prefer to see a plan drawn up to maximise the benefit of it rather than just rushing out to spend straight away. The volume on POR terracing is also far quieter than it was previously, which I'd actually see as a benefit because it's not so loud that it's damaging everyone's hearing. 

Re Rovers TV, do you have the same issue when streaming any other videos, e.g. on YouTube? Your issues sound to me to be related to your computer and/or Internet connection, rather than being with Rovers TV. 

For the mom issue, could I suggest that rather than trying to get a presentation arranged, that we just keep it as a lighthearted online discussion. Trying to formalise it feels overkill to me at least, for what is supposed to just be a bit of fun. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Squidward said:

But being sat in the Family Stand offers little chance of hearing the numbers. I think a board walked round the pitch at half time is deserving of those who contribute. The P A this season is worse than ever unless my hearing is deteriorating which it probably is.

5 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It's worth noting the club do tend to tweet the winning number during the game. I appreciate that not everyone will have a smart phone to use to check whilst at the game, however it's another way to find out for those who do. 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Squidward said:

I agree we never heard it announced and bought a fivers worth as usual.

1 hour ago, gazza77 said:

The sound system does need looking at, which I'm sure the club will be doing. As with the floodlights, it's hardly a secret however everything can't be resolved instantaneously. I know that we've now potentially got the council funding to invest (I don't know what the rules are around what we can and can't spend it on) but personally I'd prefer to see a plan drawn up to maximise the benefit of it rather than just rushing out to spend straight away. The volume on POR terracing is also far quieter than it was previously, which I'd actually see as a benefit because it's not so loud that it's damaging everyone's hearing. 

Re Rovers TV, do you have the same issue when streaming any other videos, e.g. on YouTube? Your issues sound to me to be related to your computer and/or Internet connection, rather than being with Rovers TV. 

For the mom issue, could I suggest that rather than trying to get a presentation arranged, that we just keep it as a lighthearted online discussion. Trying to formalise it feels overkill to me at least, for what is supposed to just be a bit of fun. 

Just trying to make supporters happy. I keep the MOM details up to date  and I regard it as good records instead of just a bit of fun. However I am quite happy to go along with our supporters feelings on this issue. With regard to the TV I am and have been investigating my TV. Some slight improvement. But not very good reception.   I mjust wondered if other TV viewers had had similiar problems. Cheers UTR.

I thought it was a workmanlike win but the conditions were not at all conducive to free-flowing rugby, it was impossible to do anything quickly because of the gluey surface, when the whole pace of the game is slowed by conditions it's much more difficult to create openings or get on a roll in attack.

Their try came after Pickersgill dropped a kick on his own 20m line and they scored after getting a repeat set. That was the only time in the first 70 minutes that they had a play-the-ball inside our 40m line which tells the story of how dominant we were in terms of territory, it's just so difficult to drive that advantage home in those conditions especially when the opposition defend as determinedly as London did.

We scored five tries, had three more disallowed, job done, we move on.

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I thought it was a workmanlike win but the conditions were not at all conducive to free-flowing rugby, it was impossible to do anything quickly because of the gluey surface, when the whole pace of the game is slowed by conditions it's much more difficult to create openings or get on a roll in attack.

Their try came after Pickersgill dropped a kick on his own 20m line and they scored after getting a repeat set. That was the only time in the first 70 minutes that they had a play-the-ball inside our 40m line which tells the story of how dominant we were in terms of territory, it's just so difficult to drive that advantage home in those conditions especially when the opposition defend as determinedly as London did.

We scored five tries, had three more disallowed, job done, we move on.

Pretty much this

Archived