Thu 17 Feb: SL: Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/22 at 20:30

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

25 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

image.jpeg.16c9640dcb8a245e396a331a6a24c6a5.jpeg

Insulate Britain’s youth brigade?

Coach driver should have put his foot down.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, HullWire said:

When you've been well beaten, blaming the ref is a distinct lack of awareness of how your team played

There's a thing here, deservingly losing the penalty count is ok because it is - deserved. 

Complaining about the penalty count when losing is denying culpability. There is no rational argument against the penalty count.

It seemed clear to me the game was over after 20 mins though Cas did not seem to be obviously dirty, feckless or unintelligent up to that point. It was desperate for Cas after this. 

I've said this before, if the Referee doesn't affect the outcome of matches then what is his purpose? 

Hadn't been a huge Williams fan but like Sneed last week he kicked Cas to death. 

Like last week this season may well last for ever.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

7 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

As I said.... a speed bump. Game was over as a contest within the first hour. 

Some of Castleford's 'tackling' was embarrassing and not fit for pro rugby. 

Aye, they weren't too flash as you say. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Can't say I've noticed Matautia as a stand out player before but, my word, he was good last night and unfortunately edged out Mamo for MOM.

I thought it was a strange sort of game, you had the feeling that Wire were in a different class and it was only a matter of time before the game was over as a contest but until the latter stages of the game, Cas were still a threat.

To give away the amount of possession they did, mainly through indiscipline, and not receive a reet shellacking, is at least a positive for the Cas defence and maybe a bit of a worry for the Wire attack.

Could all be down to it being early stages of the season, new coaches and that both sides will improve but they look like they have a fair way to go to challenge this year.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Most important thing of the night, Whizee Rascal now has almost half a million views on the SKY sports RL Twitter account 🤣

It's gone viral and being shared by all sorts of people and accounts... 

it was brilliant.

unbelievably (or not) Ive seen loads of comments from RL fans saying it just shows what a farce RL is and that the games a laughing stock.

Some people really do need to cheer up a bit.

6 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Warrington’s halves looked lively again last night. 

In reality, our team doesn't have the balance, and we are probably overly reliant on our halves, Ratch and Clarke. But tbh if you are going to have to rely on these positions, it's not a bad spine at all. 

One thing I will say for Wire's pack, despite being lightweight we have a lot of workhorses who are technically sound. I think we need some dynamism and impact players there, but we do have a pack that will work hard and get stuck in. Against a very big Wigan pack in the friendly they stood up well. It'll be interesting to see whether a pack that includes Cooper, Harrison and Clarke in addition to last night is good enough. 

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

it was brilliant.

unbelievably (or not) Ive seen loads of comments from RL fans saying it just shows what a farce RL is and that the games a laughing stock.

Some people really do need to cheer up a bit.

I only saw one negative last night tbh, the bloke looked a bit of a misery! 

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

To give away the amount of possession they did, mainly through indiscipline, and not receive a reet shellacking, is at least a positive for the Cas defence and maybe a bit of a worry for the Wire attack.

I thought 34-10 was quite comprehensive, but it is true that 60ish points is our usual benchmark against Radford-coached sides.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I thought 34-10 was quite comprehensive, but it is true that 60ish points is our usual benchmark against Radford-coached sides.

Absolutely, that’s what I was suggesting. I’m used to it and expected it to go that way last night.

So your attempt at taking the p*ss was wasted.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

18 minutes ago, Dave T said:

In reality, our team doesn't have the balance, and we are probably overly reliant on our halves, Ratch and Clarke. But tbh if you are going to have to rely on these positions, it's not a bad spine at all. 

One thing I will say for Wire's pack, despite being lightweight we have a lot of workhorses who are technically sound. I think we need some dynamism and impact players there, but we do have a pack that will work hard and get stuck in. Against a very big Wigan pack in the friendly they stood up well. It'll be interesting to see whether a pack that includes Cooper, Harrison and Clarke in addition to last night is good enough. 

Wire will come good, and at this stage winning these early games however they do it is really all that matters.

They have class in the halves and back line. Steff Ratchford will be up there for MOS this year IMO.

I think they’re a little light in the pack but could they add to it during the season or are they up to the quota and cap?

As for Cas, they reminded me of Leeds circa 2018/19 no desire, especially in defence, could be a torid year for them if they continue with a bad start

45 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Most important thing of the night, Whizee Rascal now has almost half a million views on the SKY sports RL Twitter account 🤣

I was at the match and saw this “in the flesh” as it were.  So, so funny 😂 the little lad just didn’t stop!!!!

51 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I am presuming it wasn't planned that they would just drive across the field twice without stopping to deliver the ball?

It was funny though 😂

3 minutes ago, meast said:

I am presuming it wasn't planned that they would just drive across the field twice without stopping to deliver the ball?

It was funny though 😂

That's my assumption, but I'm just gonna enjoy it for what it was 🤣

I thought we were OK in the first 40 minutes and unlucky to be 12 down - second half was absolutely horrific and Millwardesque - Other than Westerman I don't see one signing that is an improvement on his predecessor which is a huge worry for me.

As for the Radford interview I don't actually believe he was blaming the penalty count on the loss - he was asked a direct question specifically about the penalty count and said we would have to look closely at them - poor questioning and very little time in my view

Within 8 days I've gone from "cannot wait for the season to start and reckon we can get into the playoffs"  to "we're in a relegation battle aren't we?"

Oh well......

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

12 minutes ago, meast said:

Looks like the same young yobs who tried to kick off with Giants fans in Kings Head acting like typical football yobs

Bit young aren’t they? They look about 12 years old. Back in my day you didn’t start drinking in pubs and clubs until you were about 15. And you had to grow some bum fluff on your chin to get past the bouncers.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

3 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

I thought we were OK in the first 40 minutes and unlucky to be 12 down - second half was absolutely horrific and Millwardesque - Other than Westerman I don't see one signing that is an improvement on his predecessor which is a huge worry for me.

As for the Radford interview I don't actually believe he was blaming the penalty count on the loss - he was asked a direct question specifically about the penalty count and said we would have to look closely at them - poor questioning and very little time in my view

Within 8 days I've gone from "cannot wait for the season to start and reckon we can get into the playoffs"  to "we're in a relegation battle aren't we?"

Oh well......

I'd agree with the first para, it was a slow first half, but it was an intercept and a disallowed try that made the score look more lobsided than the half was in reality. 

When Cas scored early 2nd half I thought it was game on. But the capitulation by Cas has to be a worry. 

I disagree with you on the interview. He had an open question to start and he brought up the penalty count as the reason they lost. When then asked about discipline (because of hin bringing it up) he was stroppy. 

Archived