World Cup Digital Collectables

Damien

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Del Boy would have been ahead of the game with Brexit, says Only Fools and Horses star Sir David Jason

My favourite NFT's are those in posh auctions where the owner gets to keep and display the valuable original and you give them cash for a nice digital file. Think Julian Lennon did it recently with some of John Lennon's letters and jackets.

What happens if that original artefact is then destroyed in a fire? Is it a thing anymore?

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

What happens if that original artefact is then destroyed in a fire? Is it a thing anymore?

The original remains there. It's not the actual NFT. You own the digital asset of it. The digital could survive the loss of the real - and vice versa.

If any of this makes any sense then please do seek medical help.

(There was a thing recently where someone made some NFTs based on some very old glass negatives and then said they were going to destroy the very old glass negatives. There was a bit of 'response' about that and I don't know if they then did.)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just spotted that I am now the proud owner of a RLWC rare NFT. I am getting all sorts of messages about mining as well

It seems to be worth $1.53 having gone up 6.57% today 

I am lost. I seem to have a picture that I can’t do much with.  Who is determining the value of this ? How do I flog it ?

All very bizarre but should impress the kids when I tell them I am dabbling with crypto stuff and own an nft

1 hour ago, headtackle said:

Just spotted that I am now the proud owner of a RLWC rare NFT. I am getting all sorts of messages about mining as well.

Nice that Rugby League has returned to its very strong mining roots.

What's your NFT look like ?  Is it worth $1.53 and what sort of $ are the $ ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Got 3 players on it.   Male Female & Wheelchair. Got all the different trophies and RLWC 2021.  

Not overly impressed to be honest but hey what do I know. This time next year could be a millionaire 

good point re $.   Assumed US but suppose could be some sort of crypto money.  

13 hours ago, headtackle said:

Got 3 players on it.   Male Female & Wheelchair. Got all the different trophies and RLWC 2021.  

Not overly impressed to be honest but hey what do I know. This time next year could be a millionaire 

good point re $.   Assumed US but suppose could be some sort of crypto money.  

It will be US$.

At time of writing this, $1.53 = £1.13

You can dictate the resale value.  Put it up for sale at $6.74 or £5.00.

Not only should you make money on it as it cost you nothing, but, and it is only a but, you could influence the value of others NFT.

Just now, davet said:

I Would like to know why you think NFT's are a huge con??

It's the conning aspects of them.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, davet said:

I Would like to know why you think NFT's are a huge con??

There are lots of reasons and far too many to mention here. Essentially though they are mainly sold as a 'collectible' that you own but all you are buying is a digital token. Many people are dissapointed when the realise they have paid money for nothing more than a jpeg. Also NFTs are often called an investment when in fact they are worthless and 99% of them very unlikely to ever increase significantly in value. NFT's are completely unregulated and generally only increase in value based on hype and marketing. They are also rife for scamming to inflate value and offload onto some unsuspecting buyer who thinks they are buying a legitimate investment. I could go on.... 

1 minute ago, OriginalMrC said:

Many people are dissapointed when the realise they have paid money for nothing more than a jpeg. 

Just to point out, you haven't even paid money for a jpeg.

You've paid money for a record that says you own the jpeg.

1 minute ago, OriginalMrC said:

There are lots of reasons and far too many to mention here. Essentially though they are mainly sold as a 'collectible' that you own but all you are buying is a digital token. Many people are dissapointed when the realise they have paid money for nothing more than a jpeg. Also NFTs are often called an investment when in fact they are worthless and 99% of them very unlikely to ever increase significantly in value. NFT's are completely unregulated and generally only increase in value based on hype and marketing. They are also rife for scamming to inflate value and offload onto some unsuspecting buyer who thinks they are buying a legitimate investment. I could go on.... 

You are describing peoples behaviour and greed rather than NFT's though. That could be said for almost anything where people buy something speculatively with the intention of making money. If you buy an NFT without knowing what one is then more fool you.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

You are describing peoples behaviour and greed rather than NFT's though. That could be said for almost anything where people buy something speculatively with the intention of making money. If you buy an NFT without knowing what one is then more fool you.

Yes well it's completely up to people if they want to buy NFT's and some people just like to collect 'stuff' regardless of what it is. The way NFT's are marketed especially in a sporting sphere is a big problem though. Already very rich sports clubs and people making people think they are investing in something. 

Archived