Halifax

Peter Winthorpe

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Just on our league but it only shows 19. Forber for Hutchings and the other two are probably Steele and Walker, so Steele in for Hutchings on the bench and a choice of Forber or Walker at halfback. 

Walker and Young are the other 2 (Steele is in also) 

I suppose he'll go with Forber then, tbh our attacking shape was good at Widnes when he played  that wasn't the reason for the heavy defeat. It's good to have young Ciaran putting pressure on him for the jersey. Looking forward to this game to see if we can backup from last week.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

According to Fax there’s a pitch inspection 

Pitch inspection and safety inspection early on Sunday morning

The winds are rising as the day goes on, so the safety inspection will be and assessment at best. Better to let the pitch recover and rearrange for a free week in the spring when the cup is on

3 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Just checked again  the peak wind speed are now in the early hours of Monday morning, so should be affect returning Fax fans but still 55 or so during the game.

So it's a 2pm. kick off, all done and dusted before 4 pm......which is surely time enough for any 'returning Fax fans' to avoid the peak wind speeds of early hours of Monday morning ???

3 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Still don't get this  if it was such a good idea, why are we the only ones doing it. 🤔 

It baffles me too, anyone working morning shift can't get there in time for the 2pm start. I wonder how many the earlier start has attracted? 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

It baffles me too, anyone working morning shift can't get there in time for the 2pm start. I wonder how many the earlier start has attracted? 

Its so the fans can then go to the bar to watch Super Sunday soccer apparently.

To be fair, since the 2pm kick offs started we have had some cracking crowds - 3pm just means 1 more hour waiting to go to the game. 

I'm sure there are a lot more people who go to watch soccer after the RL has finished than 2 or 3 who work a morning shift on a Sunday. 

Archived