Sat 19th-Sun 20th Feb: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world for me if the Fev game was called off tomorrow and rearranged for a nice day in July. The pitch already took a battering the other week and the last thing we need is more hamstring injuries in the mud.

35 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

They had one at 10.30 last week, we were nearly there glad it wasn't off lol.

It's difficult for Town as the RL official has to be there for the inspection I think. Its OK in Lancashire and Yorkshire as its usually a 20ish minute drive first thing in the morning, but we have to wait for them to travel up to Cumbria, I think that's why we often cant have a really early inspection, or even the day before.

18 minutes ago, dkw said:

It's difficult for Town as the RL official has to be there for the inspection I think. Its OK in Lancashire and Yorkshire as its usually a 20ish minute drive first thing in the morning, but we have to wait for them to travel up to Cumbria, I think that's why we often cant have a really early inspection, or even the day before.

Yeah it must be difficult being that far away and i wasn't being disrespectful about the time of the inspection for our match just comparing it to tomorrow's time. 

3 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah it must be difficult being that far away and i wasn't being disrespectful about the time of the inspection for our match just comparing it to tomorrow's time. 

I got that mate, didn't think you were being disrespectful. 

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

Bit late for London isn't it ? I was told it was definitely on.

Have to say i’m disappointed with such a late announcement. The club have sounded extremely confident that the game would be on and now a few minutes before I set off i’m wondering if it’ll be worth the 90 minute drive in the snow if there’s a decent chance i’ll be turning straight back around again. Fingers crossed for London it’ll go ahead.

1 minute ago, fevtom said:

Have to say i’m disappointed with such a late announcement. The club have sounded extremely confident that the game would be on and now a few minutes before I set off i’m wondering if it’ll be worth the 90 minute drive in the snow if there’s a decent chance i’ll be turning straight back around again. Fingers crossed for London it’ll go ahead.

Yeah its a late especially for any fans like you travelling a fair distance and London must be here by now.

2 minutes ago, fevtom said:

To be fair every weather forecast I looked at (and there were a few) suggested the rain would clear away by mid-day/1pm but it has lasted longer than anyone predicted. Radar suggests the worst of the rain has passed through now so I guess it's just a question of how the pitch has held up.

I would imagine the pitch has been fine until the last hour or so, so I'm not sure what the club could have done differently? You can't postpone on the off chance the weather forecast is wrong.

And the points to Sheffield and Barrow?

No. They hadn't travelled. And I like London. They are my 2nd team. Chill out anyway, You might get in to Super league.

1 minute ago, Cw25 said:

No. They hadn't travelled. And I like London. They are my 2nd team. Chill out anyway, You might get in to Super league.

Iam chilled out after watching that. Featherstone can't control the weather and the forecast as changed to what was first forecast. Anyway who is your 1st team if London are your 2nd ?

Iam chilled out after watching that. Featherstone can't control the weather and the forecast as changed to what was first forecast. Anyway who is your 1st team if London are your 2nd ?

Oldham

Archived