Sat 19th-Sun 20th Feb: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle are showing the tries that they score on their Twitter account, an interesting rule development following the end of the Sky deal as lots of clubs seem to be doing this now. They have just scored two individual tries which were either enterprising solo play or absolutely abject defence depending on your point of view.

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Newcastle are showing the tries that they score on their Twitter account, an interesting rule development following the end of the Sky deal as lots of clubs seem to be doing this now. They have just scored two individual tries which were either enterprising solo play or absolutely abject defence depending on your point of view.

And here they are

Pleased to get the win this afternoon hopefully it grows confidence in the team. Halsall and Bofoa when he got the ball were dangerous.

Yes the crowd isn't where we want it to be and as a fan I'll be trying to do my bit to help grow that. The club have already advertised £5 tickets for the Widnes Monday night game in April, our next home game.

Thought Aiye was very good for Whitehaven assuming he was wearing 13. 

Just now, crashmon said:

12-6 Fev half time.  Lets hope the broncos don't tire, but I doubt they will be able to keep this up for 80 mins.  Still an exceptional first half from them.

I assume Fev will get a rollocking at half time, but lets see if London can keep it close

Are Fev full strength? The conditions have probably been a leveller. 

In any case, very happy for London. Getting over the whitewash finally, will be a good psychological boost for them. Hopefully they can give the second half a good shake and keep the scoreline low. 

5 minutes ago, Newcastle Thunder said:

Exactly where they been forecast to be

we have started earlier then normal, our gates pick up as it moves into spring.

we will end up averaging our highest crowd since 1999 over the full season 

Glad to hear. I was not trying to criticise or be negative, I just seem to rememeber crowds were a bit bigger pre-covd. Perhaps I am mistaken. 

I would love to see Newcastle in SL by the turn of the decade. 

3 minutes ago, langpark said:

Glad to hear. I was not trying to criticise or be negative, I just seem to rememeber crowds were a bit bigger pre-covd. Perhaps I am mistaken. 

I would love to see Newcastle in SL by the turn of the decade. 

The main factor is we are used to starting in mid March, our community season hasn’t even started yet

so we had always planned that the first couple of games to have low crowds 

we are targeting a 2,000+ crowd for Widnes on the monday night in April 

Archived