Sun 20th Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Toulouse Olympique KO 15:00

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Toulouse Olympique

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/22 at 15:30

Ken Sio gets his hat trick, how old is he now?

Sneeeyd nails the touchline conversion in pouring rain.

Reds 32 Toulouse 12.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salford go 90m with Ken Sio's 4th try, this time an intercept.

Reds 38 Toulouse 12.

8 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Reds 32 Toulouse 12.

I don't know but "Is this the way to hammer Sio?" seems like an age ago, mate.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Reds 38 Toulouse 12,

full tarm.

7 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Oh dear. Toulouse need to recruit and strengthen 

They are fully aware of what they have to do and have been since they lost Ford and Kheiralla. If you have any suggestions where they are going to find quality players, who have been vaccinated, I can give you Sylvain's phone number. 

12 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Leave 'em as they are. 😉

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

33 minutes ago, kiggy said:

They are fully aware of what they have to do and have been since they lost Ford and Kheiralla. If you have any suggestions where they are going to find quality players, who have been vaccinated, I can give you Sylvain's phone number. 

I would be highly delighted if they made an offer for Jacob Miller. In fact if I were Carter I would gladly loan him to the club, mind you the vaccine stipulation may be an issue

The weather was awful, Toulouse scored  their tries after back to back pens  got them up field. The 2nd try must have followed at least 4 consecutive pens.

There will be a few things I wouldn't mind seeing again, ref was waving his arms a lot but not clear signals.

I also see the local news couldn't get the score right either.

Salford's problems last season were more about Marshall being out of his depth. The way Salford are playing now is so far removed from the poor fare of last season. Yes Brodie Croft and Marc Sneyd are making a difference but there is more to it than that

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Toulouse are weaker than last seasons team, that´s the real issue. Having two of your best players removed can have a huge effect. Just look at Salford the two years after Hastings, arguably the kneecapping of Leigh´s funding might be why they are still in the comp. 

Err. Salford went to Wembley in 2020, the year after Hastings left.

14 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Salford's problems last season we more about Marshall being out of his depth. The way Salford are playing now is so far removed from the poor fare of last season. Yes Brodie Croft and Marc Sneyd are making a difference but there is more to it than that

Plus Watkins and Livett to come back in, Salford are looking good.

22 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He looked good at Leeds in the limited game time he got I thought. We could of done with keeping him this year.

Perhaps you "could have done with keeping him" as well?

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Reds 32 Toulouse 12.

Sio's only 31 and last year's leading SL try-scorer again heads the charts with 5 after Round 2.

Marc Sneyd will tease Hull for releasing him, next week, and Brodie Croft is revelling in Super League.

Whisky. Warms the bones.

You  really have to set modest aspirations first and everything else is a bonus.

So essentially usually 20 points  or ten wins is what you need to avoid relegation. SRD thus need 8 victories in the next seven months. Get that first and then perhaps, maybe, erm, oh, the dreaming can start. 

Today clearly the difference was Brodie Croft and Marc E Sneyd. Suits them fine the Reds' expansive play. 

The other is The King. He is abit raw and I am sure against the Top Teams, he might get exposed, but his presence occured markedly with the best of SRD's play today. 

Time still for Salford to work on discipline, reducing penalties and defence. 

Time still for Toulouse as well. 

As for the other 4000 plus us three at the game. . Not since some howling gale up in mid 80s Watersheddings have I seen such adverse, inclement weather. Fair does to us all now. 

7 hours ago, DG70 said:

Shocking weather conditions and sure I saw a few ducks... you can only beat what's in front of you but this particular Salford side does look impressive and won't be a surprise if they turn Hull over next week.

I'd be surprised if you didn't. We seem to only want to play with 12 men this season.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

15 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

They needed to do that last season before their 2 defections, not to sure about Kheirallah he could have gone OK but a season long SL intensity I feel would have been a step to far for Ford, there may be a good reason both have refused SL club's for so long.

14 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Salford's problems last season were more about Marshall being out of his depth. The way Salford are playing now is so far removed from the poor fare of last season. Yes Brodie Croft and Marc Sneyd are making a difference but there is more to it than that

Yeah they are back playing as they did under Ian Watson, but there is a common denominator in that equation it is called Paul Rowley, funny how Salford under Watson did not do very well and their sudden improvement coincided with Rowley's arrival.

Archived