Sat 19th Feb: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wakefield Trinity KO 18:00

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/02/22 at 18:30

2 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Mitchell Pearce looks as if he’s on a retirement holiday. 

Our entire spine is closer to retirement home than the NRL.

McIlorum is 34 and slower than a car without gears.

Pearce is useless. Last week, McNamara excuse was that Saints were apparently offside all day, now what's it gonna be? We have had plenty of set restarts and space for him to work and he did nothing

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, who would be top of the 'moral victory' table at this stage of the season?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Gone to Catalans and got absolutely pumped with a much stronger line up. 9 players in the 17 who've come through the academy. 10 if yiu count Hall who left for Wigan and Leeds before returning in the off season. Certainly a far cry from when we only had one or two English players in 2006.

Saints next up, hopefully the returning unvaccinated will honour the effort this team put in tonight.

12 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Saints next up, hopefully the returning unvaccinated will honour the effort this team put in tonight.

I don't think some have earned the right to return after what I saw today. They have sacrificed the shirt and now need to fight to get it back, especially the captain

1 minute ago, Agbrigg said:

I don't think some have earned the right to return after what I saw today. They have sacrificed the shirt and now need to fight to get it back, especially the captain

Perhaps not but while they've done well Saints will be a completely different proposition which, whilst game,it would be unfair to ask some of the younger players to back up the performance. 

1 minute ago, Agbrigg said:

Beat me to it mate, some of the so called ‘senior’ players need to take a good at themselves. New captain please Willie, step forward Jay Pitts! I’ll be fuming if Miller walks back into the team. 

I really rate Max Jowitt.  How good could he now have been if not frozen out for almost two seasons by Kear and Chester.

Another fine performance from Brad Walker today. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Did Wakefield win? You’d think so reading this page 

And? Lots of players were missing for various reasons and but after a poor start they showed up for each other, the club and the fans. It’s not easy supporting teams like Trinity and a number of other clubs, we don’t expect Grand Finals but we do expect 100% effort even if we aren’t good enough at times.

I’m sure you’re laughing thinking you’ve got a bite out of me but although I’d have preferred the two points, I’m more than happy with the lads efforts tonight! 

Very enjoyable evening and well played Wakefield Trinity to make a game of it and come so close (Both sides though fielded weaker teams) 

Match aside the current experience at the Dragons is superb the pre and after match VIP is brilliant (4 courses wine cava beer) went on to 11pm:) My 16 year had a fantastic photo taken with Mitchell Pearce Dylan Napa and Tyrone May ( Dylan really nice guy not the one we saw on the pitch at Saints last week LOL:) that my wife posted on her company twitter account last night which gives you an idea of how good the after match is you should be able to find it on www.europeansportsmedia.com (Twitter link is on the contact us page)

The range of food options in the stadium are incredible including seafood oysters champagne and the club shop is brilliant.

Next Friday will be at Hull KR and the following week Warrington Wolves who are also both fantastic places to visit what a season this is going to be:)

Its going to be 20 and sunny today so off to the beach with the dog now driving back to Kent tomorrow where sadly I am told our famous local village oak has been blown down:(

Salut

Paul

Archived