Fri 18th Feb: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/02/22 at 20:30

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yes, definitely - far worse down south than it is up here. Gusts of 50mph tops by game time. Not ideal playing conditions but certainly doesn't seem to warrant calling it off. 

It is definitely a lot worse down here now, our wheelie bin has just rolled past the window where I’m working. 

Myler
Fusitu'a
Newman
Bentley
Martin
Dwyer

Five starters and arguably the leagues best impact player missing for game two. It feels like last season.

Leeds are without both starting second rowers a wing and probably a centre we might not be as potent down the edges. Dwyer is a big miss as he almost always gets the middle rolling forward and is the catalyst for much of the broken play.

I wonder how much playing the majority of last weeks game with 12 and some with 11 has taken out of the players, hopefully not too much.

The wind could have the biggest effect - the Met Office suggest that we will still have almost 50mph wind blowing directly down the pitch towards the south stand.

All my excuses ready, I am looking forward to it.

14 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

Myler
Fusitu'a
Newman
Bentley
Martin
Dwyer

Five starters and arguably the leagues best impact player missing for game two. It feels like last season.

Leeds are without both starting second rowers a wing and probably a centre we might not be as potent down the edges. Dwyer is a big miss as he almost always gets the middle rolling forward and is the catalyst for much of the broken play.

I wonder how much playing the majority of last weeks game with 12 and some with 11 has taken out of the players, hopefully not too much.

The wind could have the biggest effect - the Met Office suggest that we will still have almost 50mph wind blowing directly down the pitch towards the south stand.

All my excuses ready, I am looking forward to it.

Oledzki is a doubt too. If Wigan can’t beat the depleted Leeds side tonight they will achieve nothing this season. But I think Wigan are a mid table club and will finish 5th/6th. We certainly have a reasonable chance tonight, really looking forward to the game.

It's not great in Wigan but it sounds worse in other parts of the country. It was forecast to pretty much miss us but that changed late morning and it's now showing 40mph winds until around or just after kick off. 

Solely on the basis of conditions here I think we'd be ok but if they deem it safe for Leeds fans and the team to travel over I'm not sure because it's worse over there by the looks of things. 

18 minutes ago, WN83 said:

It's not great in Wigan but it sounds worse in other parts of the country. It was forecast to pretty much miss us but that changed late morning and it's now showing 40mph winds until around or just after kick off. 

Solely on the basis of conditions here I think we'd be ok but if they deem it safe for Leeds fans and the team to travel over I'm not sure because it's worse over there by the looks of things. 

Its pretty windy over here in West Yorkshire, im heading over, If usually set off around 5 ish but i think ill just set off now, M62 will be fun!

48 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Jeepers, it’s crazy windy over here in wire town.  Surely this match will be off right?

cant see how you can play the game in this and more than that expect fans to turn out in it 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Leeds say the game is on but reserves are postponed (why are they playing at the same time anyway?)

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2022/02/18/reserves-game-postponed/

Tonight’s Reserves fixture against Newcastle Thunder at Stanningley has been postponed due to the current weather conditions.

The game will be re-arranged for later in the season.

The Betfred Super League game at Wigan Warriors is going ahead as scheduled. Wigan Warriors have issued the following information.

An amber weather warning has been issued for strong winds across the North West, including Wigan Borough, but the game remains on. 

We advise all fans to travel carefully and arrive to the ground early as queues are expected around the DW Stadium. 

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It’s meant to die down i think in a couple of hours 

well they are urging people not to travel unless they totally need to - so drive with extra care mate 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

It is definitely a lot worse down here now, our wheelie bin has just rolled past the window where I’m working. 

our wheelie bin has now got to go on a speed awareness course 

Archived