Match thread: Challenge Cup Rd4. Halifax v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 27th February 2022.

marklaspalmas

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 25/02/2022 at 11:21, The Phantom Horseman said:

Holmes, McConnell and Trout have all been named in the Leeds reserve squad for their game on Saturday afternoon. 

Holmes used his footwork to pirouette out of one tackle and cut back to the right side of the field. Bridgeman-Reaney read the play well and ran a great line to take Holmes’ pass and power his way over.

Holmes then added his name to the growing list of scorers as the half back took a pass from over the shoulder of Loui McConnell to dot the ball down

Kyle Trout’s bulldozing drive for the line  saw the Rhinos come close to 50 points on the hour mark 

4 minutes ago, plug said:

Cheers just put it on thinking of canceling my sums for rovers tv only have it for the radio commentry of live games 

I've got it and enjoy watching the games again and highlights but don't bother with commentary,iam usually at all the games anyway lol. 

Thought in the first half the boys looked really solid. Apart from BP's knock on after their first set of 6 then having another 18 tackles to withstand the lads defended well. We didn't do too much line breaking ourselves and the tries were as a result of throwing the ball out to the wings, and Connor's was in broken play. A steady attritional first half. 

The 2nd half was a different story. We forgot to come out for the first set when they scored. Then only a last ditch tackle from Gale saved the breakaway from their 20m tap. Then Brandon's superb hit under the posts to save a certain try. We were fumbling, slow at the play the ball but managed to get a try and goal at the vital time (Brissy's 2nd). Then their interception try from our attack reminded me of the good Worrincy days, and you're thinking here goes. Fortunately the drop goal and last minute try gave the scoreline a more comfortable feel. A win is a win and we're in the hat but not vintage Rovers today especially the 2nd 40. 

1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

Dont know what ref was seeing after the first DG - mustve not seen anything & guessed if it was over or not - he picked not over and got it wrong - luckily no effect 

Great turn out by fev, shocking by fax 

Think everyone except the ref thought it was over.it would have been Chizzys call if he had been on.But Smith is a very good tactical kicker and i like him.He will play in SL.if not with Fev in another couple of years.Defence stiffened up when Locky came back on he is a real workhorse.Connor Jones is very good backing up down the middle.Pickersgill good in attack and ok in defence but he is sometimes vunerable to the high ball.Twenty catches before training and another twenty after should improve his catching ability.Sometimes he reaches for the ball instead of taking half a step and getting under it.

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Think everyone except the ref thought it was over.it would have been Chizzys call if he had been on.But Smith is a very good tactical kicker and i like him.He will play in SL.if not with Fev in another couple of years.Defence stiffened up when Locky came back on he is a real workhorse.Connor Jones is very good backing up down the middle.Pickersgill good in attack and ok in defence but he is sometimes vunerable to the high ball.Twenty catches before training and another twenty after should improve his catching ability.Sometimes he reaches for the ball instead of taking half a step and getting under it.

Exactly what I said to my son, he doesn't seem to get under the ball. 

8 hours ago, clogdance said:

Pity it wasn't televised, York v Newcastle was okay, but deciding to show Batley at home to The Navy  was ridiculous. If we beat Widnes tomorrow night, Fev at home will do in the next round (Because it should be a cracker) 🙂

Nooo we will play each other more then enough lol.

21 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Smith has already played in the Super League mate.

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

Date?

I thought you were married Robin. Does the Mrs know? 😜

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

11 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

12th to 13th March for 5th round we play Batley again at The Mount the Sunday after.

TRUE S so that's fourth found Fax then  Fax fifth round  Dogs then Dogs so what about the sixth round could it be Eagles then Eagles 👻🤣❓

Archived