Widnes

graham fisher

Game day, seems strange playing on a Monday night, I just hope we put a performance in especially with it been on tv. Widnes have recruited will this year so it's going to be a very tough game for us. We played very well last week against Sheffield but we'll have to up our game even further to get anything from the game. God luck lads.

Rams 12 

Widnes 26

Fts Gabriel 

Mom Turner 

Att 936

A very tough match and I can't see us getting anything other than confidence from a decent performance. Widnes have recruited well and seem to be playing well as a unit again. The conditions can be a great leveller but not enough in this case I fear. Let's hope for a good and noisy turnout from Rams fans. No disrespect to Widnes fans here but I exect a fair number will decide to stay at home and watch it on Premier instead.

Rams 14 - 28 Chemics

Att: 987

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Can't fault the effort. Losing Turner and Peltier really put us on the back foot when we needed every man. Shame Gabriel didn't get the try and we ended up defending too long.

Credit to Widnes, kicked well, ground us down in the forwards and didn't make many errors. Look like a 3rd or 4th finish for Widnes if they play like that. Think the ref was a bit generous with forward passes in the top corner, but that's the way it goes. 

I actually thought we looked better than we did against Sheffield but for all our heart injuries took their toll and fair play to the Chemics, they did a workmanlike job on us though the score line a bit harsh. Big wrap for Widnes fans, a long journey for a Monday night to come across in the numbers they did.

Great effort from the lads.    Gave 100% throughout and thought we looked excellent in the first 40  mins. 
Just hoping all those injuries aren’t too serious🤞
Great to see all the youngsters there so well done to Mark and the team for trying something different.  Charging a tenner must have helped too and great to see it paying off. 

We did not deserve that scoreline, where injuries took their toll, unforced errors hampered us and refereeing decisions went against us. Under those circumstances I think we did well, but just wish we would support a player making a break (as Widnes did) instead of standing back, then the applause could be left  to us, the supporters.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Well done to Shaw cross sharks for getting all those young lads and lasses to attend .Also from Widnes.No chance of winning with ,once again a huge penalty account. put ryder into the pack, with his strength. Never  gets the ball in the centre.Sorry but the coach must go.

Lack of interchange options because of injuries took its toll In 2nd half. Again too many penalties but don’t see we need to throw in the coaching towel yet. Who would you suggest as a replacement? There aren’t that many experienced coaches hanging around.

2 minutes ago, KC Ram said:

Lack of interchange options because of injuries took its toll In 2nd half. Again too many penalties but don’t see we need to throw in the coaching towel yet. Who would you suggest as a replacement? There aren’t that many experienced coaches hanging around.

Andrew Henderson 🤔

25 minutes ago, coolie said:

Andrew Henderson 🤔

He’s on crusty job at Keighley with his media role… I doubt he’d want a first team role… maybe Garry Schofield as he was there tonight 😉 

Anyway would Lee agree to call it a day? He’d been a due a payment if mark got rid 

So, after getting beaten by a more costly team, whilst experiencing injuries that effectively reduced us to 14 men and putting in a display that showed this team do play for each other, the only response we get is to sack the coach!

Silcoates says that we should have played Ryder in the pack - we did but maybe he wasn't paying attention. The full back getting injured in the first 2 minutes meant that we had to rejuggle, switching Ryder back into the centres. No doubt you would prefer us to have a centre or wingman on the bench, just in case?

It was an excellent first half and we clearly shook up a confident Widnes team. By the start of the second half we were already two key men down and struggled thereafter with limited possession and the burden of defending tiring us out much more quickly than them.

The final score was unfair, although the result wasn't. I expect this Widnes team to comfortably make the play-offs this year, whilst we won't. Changing the coach won't alter either outcome.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

For my money, the first 40 minutes last night was the best by far this season ..... As alluded to by others, fatigue, inexperience, indiscipline and poor decision making cost us dearly in the 2nd half and the game drifted away from us.

It's an old cliche "men against boys", but that's very much what last night was ........and our 'boys' (with the odd exception) look to be gelling and NOBODY can question their commitment or effort ...... I think there's something special brewing and once we get beyond the current injuries & suspensions, things WILL look an awful lot rosier..... And we could realistically be looking at a 50% record in the league after the next two games..... If anyone saw LG speaking after the game, he was clearly frustrated but more clearly hurting ....... This is his squad and we have to give him time to bring it together...... I think he can - and will

If you lose your full back in 1st minute, lose Peltier after one tackle, then Magrin and Graham any team would struggle. Thought the team played very well 1st half but ran short of bodies and energy 2nd half.

I've been critical of LG mainly for our 5 drives and a poor kick tactics of last two seasons, but it's looking better this season. We are playing some smart rugby. If we can cut out the penalties and kick better near the opposition line, we will be a match for anyone in lower half of the table.

There's a few clubs spending a fair amount of money who haven't a prayer of promotion.

Btw Roby's 2nd try was off a clear forward pass. I saw it at the match and I was in the opposite corner. It's almost like officials don't want to spoil a try scoring move.

really enjoyed last nights match , you guys gave 100% , bit like york sunday beaten by the better more expensive side , some are saying your coach should go , strange that as i thought dews play some decent varied stuff in testing conditions the two times ive seen them this season . long way to go yet  enjoy the wins when they come .

Archived