Are Dewsbury Rams raiding DP?

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quiet on here for a game day! Hope the lads can get a win under their belts and the confidence that will bring. I know this comp doesn't mean much but maybe a little run can generate some more cash.

UTT! 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

10 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

What a pity the RFL have made a mockery of this once great competition, expecting a poor crowd today, but that will be the same at all grounds today. Hoping for a win to boost confidence and give the fans some hope. It won't be a disaster if we don't win. Best of luck boys UTT.

Yes, can always remember as a youngster looking forward to challenge cup weekends. There was always the chance with good draws you could get a good cup run and make some money, alas since the start of super league those days have gone. 

Good luck today boys, be nice watching a game in the sun for a change.

Excellent win, attacked and defended really well, and some good game management in the last 20 minutes, mostly. 

I thought dewsbury were dreadful, not sure how strong a team they had out but they barely created a chance, reliant entirely on just throwing bodies at the line.

Thought we were as equally great as dewsbury were poor today. That 1st half performance was as good as we've been for a while. Thorman is right, the drier conditions will suit us better. 

Teare was superb today. Thoroughly deserving his mom. Ran hard out of yardage and read the game great. Doran was excellent in that last 15 minutes I thought. Almost toying at will with them. 

Can take great confidence from that performance, as well as the performance vs fev. Well done lads!

Very very comfortable I thought . They scored from a drive and a kick ricocheting back , but were really average tbh . If we were more clinical that would have been quite a big score , but hopefully it’s a confidence booster and we see we’re more than a match for this standard of team . Thompson was very strong with Fitzy in the front row , Doran and Walker is a good combination , and everyone put a good shift in . Let’s take this forward and get some points on the board next week

28 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Bit whistle prone maybe, but to be fair he didnt miss much

I thought he had a good game, missed a few things but what ref doesn't. His signals were clear, and he took no rubbish from players shouting at him. Some people are just weirdly desperate to call refs no matter what.

Our discipline in the first 15 of the 2nd half was pretty poor, that wasn't the refs fault.

31 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is Ben Thaler really a super league standard referee?

Thought Ben Thaler had a sound game, missed nothing and controlled the game well, top effort from Town 1-17, confidence gained from this and the solid performance against Fev.

Well considering we were down to just 17 fit players that was a cracking performance. It’s great having those out of county players in the squad and seeing them giving their all for the club, long may that last, but I find it really satisfying when you look at all the young Cumbrians in that team today who, though short of experience at this level, look better and more composed each week. 
Lee Pos, Ethan, Curtis, Ciaran, Malik, just a handful of professional games between them but all look very assured and really looking forward to seeing them all develop. 
With a little more composure today we’d easily have had 40. Well done boys. UTT

Great performance and confidence booster.. hoping for a decent draw in the next round, walker, teare, Dec, jammer, fitzy all standouts today..thought ethan looked good too UTT

I wish we had that standard of referee every week, I thought he controlled the game well and showed both teams who was boss.

1-17 very good performance today, teare is our first choice winger in my opinion now and young for all his critics really stepped up today.

Postelthwaite didn't put a foot wrong all game.

Doran ran the game and showed why thorman has so much confidence In him to lead this team.

Walker is an exciting talent and seems to enjoy getting involved with the strike plays.

thomsen is the most improved player at the club and seems like our new muscle up top getting involved.

Hope the injury front isn't too bad but I do hope we can somehow look into some recruitment if that's on loan or permanent as our forward line is going to be depleted even more so after today.

Hopefully a platform to build on for next week. We have top be beating Sheffield if we are gonna stay up and after our last 2 performances I am confident in that.

Taking a step back and looking at that 17 we had out there today, coming up against an established championship side. There was a hell of alot who have either never played semi pro before this season, or only had one or two seasons in league 1! 

Shows what a good coach and support staff we have at the club. 

Archived