Are Dewsbury Rams raiding DP?

WTRLFC WEBSITE

I've watched some of the Monday  games and today we looked as good as all bar the top three.  You could see against Fev they were starting to think they belonged here and they proved it today , the confidence is rising each game. I was a bit worried O'Brien wasn't playing but Tomposh stepped in and had a stormer. Walker and Teare are exciting as to how good they already are and what they could be. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was nice to see the pitch in such good condition, the amount of rain we've had I was expecting hardly any grass, great work from the people looking after it 👏 Did we do a duel reg with Huddersfield as things are looking bleak on numbers? 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

12 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I've watched some of the Monday  games and today we looked as good as all bar the top three.  You could see against Fev they were starting to think they belonged here and they proved it today , the confidence is rising each game. I was a bit worried O'Brien wasn't playing but Tomposh stepped in and had a stormer. Walker and Teare are exciting as to how good they already are and what they could be. 

Wasn't this week Marcus's 2nd match of his ban due to last week's rain off?

Played well from one to seventeen , a few stand outs , but the main thing is we are a Team playing for each other and making ground up the middle and looking solid , our left side attack is going to cause other Teams problems .On to Sheffield and 2 points hopefully. UTT.

5 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Played well from one to seventeen , a few stand outs , but the main thing is we are a Team playing for each other and making ground up the middle and looking solid , our left side attack is going to cause other Teams problems .On to Sheffield and 2 points hopefully. UTT.

Don't take too much hope from beating a poor Dewsbury team, Sheffield will be an entire different proposition, you won no points yesterday as it was a cup game and our coach seemed uninterested in, by 24th April when we play you at home we will be fortunate to have 4 points... And you not many more, the relegation battle is any 2 from London, Dewsbury, Workington, Sheffield, Whitehaven 

We are in the mire and unfortunately so are Workington, and winning your home games is a must, have to say Workington are far more resilient at home than the Rams, and out of the Rams last 10 games, 7 of them are away, coming 12th this season will be on a par of winning the champions league and securing championship rugby for another year, well played on a victory yesterday which on reflection means nothing in the league, I'd rather see London & Sheffield go down than 2 teams like Dewsbury & Workington 

But the world and the game of rugby league is not run on wishes but results unfortunately 

All the best for the season

And It might be a long one for both teams & fans🤔

47 minutes ago, coolie said:

Don't take too much hope from beating a poor Dewsbury team, Sheffield will be an entire different proposition, you won no points yesterday as it was a cup game and our coach seemed uninterested in, by 24th April when we play you at home we will be fortunate to have 4 points... And you not many more, the relegation battle is any 2 from London, Dewsbury, Workington, Sheffield, Whitehaven 

We are in the mire and unfortunately so are Workington, and winning your home games is a must, have to say Workington are far more resilient at home than the Rams, and out of the Rams last 10 games, 7 of them are away, coming 12th this season will be on a par of winning the champions league and securing championship rugby for another year, well played on a victory yesterday which on reflection means nothing in the league, I'd rather see London & Sheffield go down than 2 teams like Dewsbury & Workington 

But the world and the game of rugby league is not run on wishes but results unfortunately 

All the best for the season

And It might be a long one for both teams & fans🤔

Things i agree on... Dewsbury were bordering on poor (but with our last 17 fit bodies we were still far superior) , and we are one of the favourites for the drop seeing as we basically have the same squad as last year with a few tweeks.

Things i don't agree on: we're in the mire as we lost to Newcastle (first game), Fev (who wouldn't? and gave them a good game)and Widnes (hammered us and will to plenty of others) but we're improving all the time so only one of those games was winnable. 

I'm not getting carried away (maybe a bit) but i like what i see and i'm going to enjoy it whatever happens over the season. All the best to you too.

Why if we win do some have to water it down by saying the other side were poor? Our defence continues to improve and they just struggled to break us. We're clearly well coached and playing with enthusiasm. Not getting carried away but if we continue to play like that AND can keep improving we are going to be a handful for anyone. Just those bloody injuries! Jake Lighthowler has been playing well - hope it's not too bad. Just like to add Malik Steels name to those mentioned as well he looked quite a handful when he came on! 

Agree with those complimenting Thaler. I'd have him any week. Thought he let the game flow. 

1 hour ago, DocH said:

Why if we win do some have to water it down by saying the other side were poor? Our defence continues to improve and they just struggled to break us. We're clearly well coached and playing with enthusiasm. Not getting carried away but if we continue to play like that AND can keep improving we are going to be a handful for anyone. Just those bloody injuries! Jake Lighthowler has been playing well - hope it's not too bad. Just like to add Malik Steels name to those mentioned as well he looked quite a handful when he came on! 

Agree with those complimenting Thaler. I'd have him any week. Thought he let the game flow. 

Ok they were workmanlike but we were good . This we need big forwards theory is being tested , we maybe struggle a bit when a bigun hits our tryline but most of the time we hold them . In general play it doesn't seem to make much difference, Fitzy and Tomposh especially don't have any trouble making yardage. 

It was quite evident on Sunday how the team are playing for the shirt  and giving it everything, Chris Thorman is doing an unbelievable job with what's at his disposal. Love the guy, ìwe are so lucky to have him at our club. I was thinking if we had Cus, Henson and Steve Scholey back firing plus another big mobile prop, we wouldn't be far off what is required in this league. Win or lose its a pleasure to watch us at the moment, we are still favourites to go down but we know it won't be without a fight. Roll on Sunday ,UTT.💙

On 27/02/2022 at 16:35, Unicorn 106 said:

Superb from the lads today, just what we all needed, dominated the game  and our defence was top notch. Good crowd today as well, hopefully give us confidence for Sheffield next week. UTT.

What was the attendance?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived