Challenge cup Sunday

Joe 90

I feel that it was a closer game than the score suggests. We gave them 4 very soft ties, two of which were interceptions and two down to suspect penalties by a ref who gave us very little. in addition we were held up over the line on two if not three occasions. All in all i am looking forward to the season based on today performance.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

8 hours ago, Big Doug said:

I feel that it was a closer game than the score suggests. We gave them 4 very soft ties, two of which were interceptions and two down to suspect penalties by a ref who gave us very little. in addition we were held up over the line on two if not three occasions. All in all i am looking forward to the season based on today performance.

Yes a decent performance against a team a full month into their season and unbeaten in a league above Hornets. The ''ring rust'' is being nicely knocked off and a good season is in prospect. P.S. Joe looked good today and when he gets his adjusts his tackling to take into account the stricter laws' he will be be awesome. 

At least we’ve played 3 games. Oldham have only played one. How are clubs in this league supposed to make a go of it with so few fixtures ?

I thought we did OK yesterday but too many mistakes killed us in the end. Two guys going in the bin didn’t help, neither did the two interceptions. That was 12 points gifted to the opposition. Hopefully we’ll learn from that.

I wasn’t impressed with the Barrow players appealing for every little thing. They’ll have the game going like football if they’re not careful.

The RFL are killing off teams in the third tier by stealth.  No need to play the early rounds of the cup before the league season starts. Its all doneto suit super league teams schedules and ensure the Cup is essentially a competition for them and organised to suit them.

24 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

The RFL are killing off teams in the third tier by stealth.  No need to play the early rounds of the cup before the league season starts. Its all doneto suit super league teams schedules and ensure the Cup is essentially a competition for them and organised to suit them.

I agree with that. They don’t really want us anymore, they just haven’t got the guts to tell us to our faces.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree with that. They don’t really want us anymore, they just haven’t got the guts to tell us to our faces.

Barrow at times looked a lot stronger and faster and the result was never really in doubt to be fair. As Tyrone Shoelaces stated the RFL don't want the lower league teams and they don't want to help them they just want them to fold to avoid having to financially help them out. When the lower tier has gone they will move on to the middle tier and eventually be left with what the RFL ultimately want - just super league! Good luck for the season.

20 minutes ago, steve75 said:

Barrow at times looked a lot stronger and faster and the result was never really in doubt to be fair. As Tyrone Shoelaces stated the RFL don't want the lower league teams and they don't want to help them they just want them to fold to avoid having to financially help them out. When the lower tier has gone they will move on to the middle tier and eventually be left with what the RFL ultimately want - just super league! Good luck for the season.

Yes and they think the fans from the clubs that fold will automatically gravitate to the Super League clubs. Well they need to think again because I won’t.

Joe is no assassin, he plays the game hard which is how I like it and would imagine many my age would. They are slowly killing the game. Last weeks Ref has only been doing the job twelve months and typified the way the Refs are going. A good Ref  would clamp down on all the whinging and appealing  but that’s too much to hope for. 

10 hours ago, Excolt 1 said:

Joe is no assassin, he plays the game hard which is how I like it and would imagine many my age would. They are slowly killing the game. Last weeks Ref has only been doing the job twelve months and typified the way the Refs are going. A good Ref  would clamp down on all the whinging and appealing  but that’s too much to hope for. 

Very easy to criticise referees. It's a poisoned chalice. Without a ref there's no game remember. Plus they have so many guidelines to follow these days unlike in the past when a ref could literally ref it as he saw it!

Pleased to see that Joe has got "No charge". He plays the game hard. That's how Rugby League should be played. It's getting like touch rugby.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Archived