Ticket Prices

On 23/02/2022 at 21:57, doc said:

When I was paying £1 to get in to see Widnes(1979), I never wondered about value for money. I just wanted to see the game. 

Now, £21 and 43 years later, I still feel the same. I'm a supporter, I support my club. 

I think there is a limit but I do agree with you.

By chance I had a beer with our ticketing manager last year. He asked me for my opinion on different pricing structures/season pass benefits etc. and what I'd be more inclined to go for.

I said I'm probably not the best person to ask because I just pay full price anyway. I deliberately don't get a pass so I can then make that little extra contribution.

It is my belief that, as Hull KR supporters, we should focus more on what we can put in and less than what we get out (I'm not saying lots of people want a free ride but it does happen). I say this mainly because we are just as important as the person stood next to us in the stands and as a collective we can all contribute to the success of our community club.

I encourage everyone to do what they can to have a positive impact, as far as their circumstances allow because it isn't just a Rugby team, it is a local institution.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/02/2022 at 08:42, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

American sports often have people walking the stands selling drinks either from dispensers like this or cold cans. Has any RL club ever tried this? You’d still have the pre match and half time bar rush but I’m sure they’d sell plenty during the game and have higher sales overall.

0E43C613-91B0-4970-853A-F64F76EE6EAC.jpeg

I went to Tampa Bay v Detroit in 2005 when I was 17 (couldn't even drink I was gutted).

This bloke in a loud, brash American accent shouts, 'Hey beer man. Give me a beer!' 

So I turn round and there's this bloke stood on the steps wearing a full ref uniform with a beer pack on his back.

Now the bloke wanting the beer is sat about 15 seats in and he passes his money to the next person, who passes it onto to the next, so on and so forth until it reaches the beer seller.

And the beer made its way in the opposite direction quickly followed by his change.

It was brilliant but I couldn't help think that if that happened at Craven Park by the time the beer arrived it would have been half-drank and his change would have gone missing 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Wigan appear to be charging £30 for adults and £25 for concessions for their game next Thursday. Seems pricey, borderline unaffordable for a family.

It looks like they are not opening the Away end as those prices are for the main stands. 

This is like Hulls pricing. 

RL clubs really aren't doing what they can to support fans at the moment are they? 

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

£30 is excessive for home fans, let alone for away fans. 

It's £25 behind the sticks. If Wigan decide not to open it because they can't sell enough tickets they should honour those prices for Cas fans. 

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It looks like they are not opening the Away end as those prices are for the main stands. 

This is like Hulls pricing. 

RL clubs really aren't doing what they can to support fans at the moment are they? 

That was for Cas fans that I had seen posting on social media. Closing the away end and having such unfriendly prices doesn't seem very appealing or likely to have a good crowd on a Thursday night.

On 24/02/2022 at 10:53, Dave T said:

At Warrington bowling is £3 per game in the week and £5 at the weekend.

Cinema around £6 in the week, around a tenner at weekends and plenty of 2 for 1 offers. 

Everyone is discounting heavily, competition is tough. 

yep, I guess a number of reasons for not. I assume this includes trying to get people back into using/a habit of using as a result of covid stopping usage and the cost of living impacting peoples pockets - it will get worse as a result of Ukraine/sanctions.  No doubt other reasons like the competition will be trying to do the same to rebuild.

Surprises me that our sport would not also being doing similar, as distinct from trying to recoup lost revenue as quick as possible...

I would have assumed that given the tough competition pricing would be kept as low as possible with a view to increase later as situation improves.  Cost of living is going to be big problem for all soon meaning having to justify spend for non essentials not just lower paid which of course it becomes an issue sooner than others. 

On 09/03/2022 at 15:24, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Completely agree, we need some regulation that away clubs have the cheapest available tickets at least available for their travelling fans 

I mean, can't anyone buy whatever tickets they want? 

22 minutes ago, TheReaper said:

I mean, can't anyone buy whatever tickets they want? 

Most travelling fans buy away tickets from their own club. The home side decides what tickets to make availability on sale through the away club, Hull and now Wigan are only making the more expensive tickets available to away supporters. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Most travelling fans buy away tickets from their own club. The home side decides what tickets to make availability on sale through the away club, Hull and now Wigan are only making the more expensive tickets available to away supporters. 

So you’re finally acknowledging the Western Terrace as being the away end at Headingley? 😂 

Archived