Thur 24th Feb: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Catalans Dragons KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/22 at 20:30

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dboy said:

Players showing no imagination and dropping passes left right and centre BECAUSE of short 10's and slow PTBs.

Keep up.

Nah. There was plenty of opportunities for both teams to play tonight. Not the ref's fault they didn't.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 23/02/2022 at 19:58, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leeds by 4

Lest we forget.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Mark S said:

Seezer and Austin must be on £400k between them and they were pretty much useless.

I think Austin will be on a cheap one-year deal to be honest. I think Sezer will be marquee though. I think the problem is they bought into their own hype, as a lot in the media did.

Leeming has looked great at half-back, and Dwyer great at hooker. But how do you drop two NRL half-backs without them throwing the toys out of the pram.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Lest we forget.

Must have meant Leeds to score 4.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

28 minutes ago, dboy said:

That's a scrum!!

Austin walked the ball back, THEN kicked to touch.

That makes the kick second phase, rather than a free kick!

Missed that. Can you explain what went on? Was it from a penalty?

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It's all going Agar at Leeds. Ask Hull and Wakefield fans, they've been there and got the t-shirt.

Ahem, cough… Warrington 2017.. cough.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

2 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

4 very overrated and overpaid half backs on display this evening. Money poorly spent 

I think the whole game needs to have a little look at itself in regards to it’s development of pivots. Catalans could’ve give Morgue a spine position (yes he’s injured but they didn’t know that when they signed Pearce) but choose to top up the pension fund of Mitchell Pearce. Leeds have two over the hill Aussies at 6 and 7 and I’m not going to absolve my own club of blame. How can a club with an academy like ours end up with Field, Cust and Leuluai as their 3 backs in it’s spine? (We have at least produced some but can’t hold on to them) Warrington only have a British spine by cherry picking the best English talent and offering them big money and so on. 

17 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

I’d be paying for Sezar to go back to Australia as he obviously doesn’t want to be in Leeds 

What? he told us he couldn't wait to get there, so much so he hung his shirt up 3 months into last season.

4 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Missed that. Can you explain what went on? Was it from a penalty?

Leeds given pen 3m from Dragons line.

Austin walks it back to the 10m - that's fine. (Free kick).

He should (having moved back from the mark), to play on, just tap it BUT he kicks it into touch (second phase).

That should be a scrum to non kicking team.

Archived