Thur 24th Feb: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Catalans Dragons KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/22 at 20:30

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Half backs often make good pundits as they can see more aspects of the game unfolding.

Plus they usually have a lot to say during a match, whether they're playing or commenting.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Wouldnt count leeds out yet.  Narrow loss to Wire on first day. Next games our Wakey Hull and Salford,  if they dont win those then people can start pressing the panic button. 

I agree but we need to sort ourselves out and fast, we were very very poor tonight, hopefully Newman, Fusitua and Martin back for next week

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

2 takeaways from that game

1) I have only been colder once at an RL game - the Bonfire night 4 nations double header at Coventry

2) Agar out?

Agar wasn’t the one dropping balls or giving away silly penalties.

its alright saying Agar out but who is there available to replace him?

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Agar wasn’t the one dropping balls or giving away silly penalties.

its alright saying Agar out but who is there available to replace him?

I have to say, I've never been particularly pro or anti Agar, it is what it is. However, it is a weird situation with him. We seem to be in a Man U like scenario where we have a head coach ready to move to director of football as soon as a replacement is available.

Agar does choose who is on the pitch. Not having one of Prior and Leeming on, without Martin too, is a huge error imo.

From a DoR perspective, we have kept the wrong briscoe and now have only 1 attacking centre in the 1st team.

12 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I also think this forums glee at leeds’ demise is a bit premature its round 3 a lot can change 

Not really a demise; just a longer time than expected for the current line-up to gel. The talent's there, but it isn't clicking yet.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Not really a demise; just a longer time than expected for the current line-up to gel. The talent's there, but it isn't clicking yet.

Were three games in, its not uncommon for sides with new players to take a few weeks to settle and unfortunately from having a near fully fit side available for the first game weve quickly gone from that to having  a fair few injuries.

i get the feeling we need to get a win and the confidence could make things click, put a few wins together and things will look different 

26 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I have to say, I've never been particularly pro or anti Agar, it is what it is. However, it is a weird situation with him. We seem to be in a Man U like scenario where we have a head coach ready to move to director of football as soon as a replacement is available.

Agar does choose who is on the pitch. Not having one of Prior and Leeming on, without Martin too, is a huge error imo.

From a DoR perspective, we have kept the wrong briscoe and now have only 1 attacking centre in the 1st team.

I thought a couple of times during the sin binning, Leeds had the overlap on the right but were reluctant to go there. 

The intensity also wasn't there from Leeds. I noticed they hardly ever got close to the line so they could force over either. 

Just now, Niels said:

I thought a couple of times during the sin binning, Leeds had the overlap on the right but were reluctant to go there. 

The intensity also wasn't there from Leeds. I noticed they hardly ever got close to the line so they could force over either. 

It doesn't help that in Sutcliffe and Briscoe we have 2 centres who will almost always choose to run rather than pass (and when they do pass it is often poor).

With Myler and Newman (even last year Hurrell in the team) the attack had more venom in the centres. Now it feels like our wingers are more likely to score if our halves/FB throws a miss pass across the centres.

2 minutes ago, Niels said:

Our decision making was terrible and constantly hit the lead runner when it was the wrong option.

Were just not firing at all yet, well we did against Warrington but means nothing as we didn’t win.

Just now, Tommygilf said:

It doesn't help that in Sutcliffe and Briscoe we have 2 centres who will almost always choose to run rather than pass (and when they do pass it is often poor).

With Myler and Newman (even last year Hurrell in the team) the attack had more venom in the centres. Now it feels like our wingers are more likely to score if our halves/FB throws a miss pass across the centres.

Thankfully Newman should be back next week, along with fusitua it at least gives us some strike

Leeds need their top side out there. That first choice Leeds 17 on paper looks as good as anyone bar Saints for me. I’m not convinced the halfbacks have the real ‘team first’ mentality to take them further than maybe pinching a final place, but they’re far better than a zero from three record. 

Newman is a huge loss for me. He looks a leader, even at such a young age and him getting fit would make a big difference. Put him and Fusitu’a back in and I think there’s an edge there straight away. As much as he’s a nob, James Bentley will make a massive difference as well. 

I genuinely don’t like Leeds but I’m still going for a Saints vs Leeds (boring) Grand Final. 

Archived